Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-30-2024, 06:33 PM   #1
Camaro_Fuzion

Drives: 2022 Chevy Camaro 2SS Redline
What kind of steering wheel lock anti-theft deterrent brand do you use on the 6th gen

What kind of steering wheel lock anti-theft deterrent brand do you use on the 6th generation Camaro?
Old 08-30-2024, 11:12 PM   #2
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Fuzion View Post
What kind of steering wheel lock anti-theft deterrent brand do you use on the 6th generation Camaro?
I use "The Club", have one for the steering wheel and one steering wheel to brake pedal... They'd have to cut the steering wheel in 2 separate places to get both off... Sucks we have to do this but I figured some visible deterrent might just make them look for a softer target (I have other things that aren't visible that will go a long way to help prevent the actual theft, my visual stuff is hoping to avoid a broken window)...

(I now put the lower one on with the lock facing the other direction, it would be real difficult to get a drill in there because the center console would be in the way)

After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2024, 11:24 PM   #3
Camaro_Fuzion

That is great! Would you happen to know the model numbers on both of those clubs? I am serious about doing the same as you with my vehicle. My driver's side window was busted from a prior unsuccessful theft attempt. My vehicle has been in the repair shop getting everything fixed since 08.06.2024, When it comes out of the bodyshop, I will have a brand new paint job on the entire vehicle, a new drivers side window, and window tent. The GM collision center basically repainted the entire vehicle and removed all the dings, dents, and imperfections all over the vehicle. I can't go wrong with GM doing the paint work. The last time I had a 3rd party paint shop paint my other Camaro, it was complete shit! My preferred shop always does a kickass job!
Old 08-31-2024, 12:09 AM   #4
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Fuzion View Post
That is great! Would you happen to know the model numbers on both of those clubs? I am serious about doing the same as you with my vehicle. My driver's side window was busted from a prior unsuccessful theft attempt. My vehicle has been in the repair shop getting everything fixed since 08.06.2024, When it comes out of the bodyshop, I will have a brand new paint job on the entire vehicle, a new drivers side window, and window tent. The GM collision center basically repainted the entire vehicle and removed all the dings, dents, and imperfections all over the vehicle. I can't go wrong with GM doing the paint work. The last time I had a 3rd party paint shop paint my other Camaro, it was complete shit! My preferred shop always does a kickass job!
Steering Wheel Club: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

Brake Pedal Club: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon seems to be out of stock on the Brake Pedal Club, you might be able to get it here from the manufacture direct for basically the same price: https://store.winner-intl.com/the-cl...-lock-p14.aspx
After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
Old 08-31-2024, 01:46 PM   #5
PostalLDMC

Drives: 2022 2LT RS Convertible
I use the same thing the CLUB I've had it for 15 years and used it on my Vette before the Camaro.
PostalLDMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 01:53 PM   #6
Texas1ss

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS, M6, NPP, Mag Ride
No steering wheel lock, but I'm using this brake pedal/clutch locking device, which I put on my brake pedal:

https://www.amazon.com/OPSOOPI-Lock-...0BBZXDHJ9?th=1

Of course, they could just drill out the lock mechanism, but the longer it takes maybe they'll move on down the road. And I have a manual. I know it's not a guarantee it won't get stolen, but it definitely helps. Plus, my vehicle is garaged most of the time.

Only bad thing about it is one time I started my car, forgot I had it on there, and kind of gunned the engine in reverse before letting out the clutch. When I got going I realized I couldn't use the brake pedal. Talk about an ass clenching scenario.

Luckily no cars behind me, and I was able to quickly use the key to pop it off. I would like to think I would have been smart enough to shift back into 1st and bump it forward if I was going to hit anything, but no damn telling. Happened so quick.

Last edited by Texas1ss; 08-31-2024 at 02:04 PM.
Texas1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 01:55 PM   #7
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas1ss View Post
No steering wheel lock, but I'm using this brake pedal/clutch locking device, which I put on my brake pedal:

Of course, they could just drill out the lock mechanism, but the longer it takes maybe they'll move on downt the road. And I have a manual. I know it's not a guarantee it won't get stolen, but it definitely helps. Plus, my vehicle is garaged most of the time.

Only bad thing about it is one time I started my car, forgot I had it on there, and kind of gunned the engine in reverse before letting out the clutch. When I got going I realized I couldn't use the brake pedal. Talk about an ass clinching scenario.

Luckily no cars behind me, and I was able to quickly use the key to pop it off. I would like to think I would have been smart enough to shift back into 1st and bump it forward if I was going to hit anything, but no damn telling. Happened so quick.

Old 08-31-2024, 09:47 PM   #8
speedyink1

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS 1LE 6MT
I woulda pooped my pants if that happened to me!
speedyink1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2024, 12:49 AM   #9
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas1ss View Post

Of course, they could just drill out the lock mechanism, but the longer it takes maybe they'll move on down the road. And I have a manual. I know it's not a guarantee it won't get stolen, but it definitely helps. Plus, my vehicle is garaged most of the time.

Only bad thing about it is one time I started my car, forgot I had it on there, and kind of gunned the engine in reverse before letting out the clutch. When I got going I realized I couldn't use the brake pedal. Talk about an ass clenching scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyink1 View Post
Soooo... Not as bad, but a couple weeks ago I replaced the front brake pads and rotors on my daughters car and my wife's car on the same day... Did my daughter's car first and all went well and took them to lunch (I totally looked like the homeless guy with my 2 daughters as I had some really nasty, filthy looking jeans (covered in oil and brake dust) and a crappy T-shirt on at Chik-Fil-A...)...

Later that afternoon, finally got my wife's car done, after a long day of doing brakes (I hate doing brakes, just so dirty) I jumped in her car, pressed the pedal and started it... Once it idled down a bit, put it in gear, as it started to rapidly depart the garage I pressed on the brake... to the floor! Then again... To the floor! Fortunately nothing behind me and I hit the emergency brake but I totally forgot to "pump up" the brakes after fully retracting the pistons on the brakes, it takes a couple good solid pumps to re-seat the brake pistons to their proper positions and build pressure (honestly, the next pump probably would have done it but I was out of nerves!)

Thank goodness nothing was behind me, just reminds all of us no matter how long you have been working on cars, slow down and make sure you are doing everything you need to be doing when you need to be doing it... I got lucky... And for that, I am very grateful... Please be careful, a LOT of us out there are very handy and skilled, but it only takes a minor oversight to have a significant issue...

Y'all be safe out there... And have some fun while you're at it (because that is why a LOT of us have these cars!), but NOT at the expense of safety...

Old 09-01-2024, 12:34 PM   #10
Texas1ss

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS, M6, NPP, Mag Ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyink1 View Post
It raised my blood pressure for sure. Then after it was over I was pissed off more than anything, until I could finally laugh about it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Soooo... Not as bad, but a couple weeks ago I replaced the front brake pads and rotors on my daughters car and my wife's car on the same day... Did my daughter's car first and all went well and took them to lunch (I totally looked like the homeless guy with my 2 daughters as I had some really nasty, filthy looking jeans (covered in oil and brake dust) and a crappy T-shirt on at Chik-Fil-A...)...

Later that afternoon, finally got my wife's car done, after a long day of doing brakes (I hate doing brakes, just so dirty) I jumped in her car, pressed the pedal and started it... Once it idled down a bit, put it in gear, as it started to rapidly depart the garage I pressed on the brake... to the floor! Then again... To the floor! Fortunately nothing behind me and I hit the emergency brake but I totally forgot to "pump up" the brakes after fully retracting the pistons on the brakes, it takes a couple good solid pumps to re-seat the brake pistons to their proper positions and build pressure (honestly, the next pump probably would have done it but I was out of nerves!)

Thank goodness nothing was behind me, just reminds all of us no matter how long you have been working on cars, slow down and make sure you are doing everything you need to be doing when you need to be doing it... I got lucky... And for that, I am very grateful... Please be careful, a LOT of us out there are very handy and skilled, but it only takes a minor oversight to have a significant issue...

Y'all be safe out there... And have some fun while you're at it (because that is why a LOT of us have these cars!), but NOT at the expense of safety...
Damn. That's another blood pressure spiker for sure. Hell,I've been turning wrenches for almost 38 years, and I've had the occasional mess up here and there that in hindsight I can't believe I did.

We've all been there. I just hope to never be there again. And you're right, slow and steady wins the race. I have to remember that in my fifties.
Texas1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2024, 02:25 PM   #11
cthulhucaller

Drives: 2022 1SS Team Joe and Becky
I get pulled away from things I am working on often enough to start using visual cues while getting going. For brake work, I put a clean shop rag on the steering wheel before getting started. This way, once I get back in the car, I have a reminder staring me in the face to pump the brakes. I also leave the dipstick up like an antenna during oil changes so there's no way to close the hood and start the car without having put in new oil. I learned these things while working in shops, from guys who had done it the hard way.
cthulhucaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2024, 07:36 PM   #12
Camaro_Fuzion

I just ordered the Winner International The Club CL303 Pedal to Steering Wheel Lock, Red, 5.25 Inch. I might add the secondary wheel lock in the future.