Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-27-2022, 10:38 PM   #1
ssonic2013

Drives: 2013 Camaro ss
Advice Please

I've got a 2013 Camaro 2SS.I've had it for about nine months now. It has 77,000 miles on it. I consider that fairly low mileage. Sorry I haven't posted pics yet. But it's black on black with black rims. The only mod I have done is I replaced the stock rims with the new blacks ones.

So I'm ready to put about 1000 in mods/upgrades onto it.
It's only a daily driver no track days or stuff like that.

So any opinions on what I should do next???
IMHO Chevy got this 5 gen right. At 77,000 i have no rattles anywhere. It's got a greatr ride for what it is. Sorry to ramble..
ssonic2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 10:39 PM   #2
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Auto or manual?

If auto the 3.91 rear is a great first step that really wakes the car up. Can be done for $1000-1300.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 10:43 PM   #3
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Headers, cold air, cat back and dyno tune, are a good place to start but will be over 1K with quality parts. Higher end headers will set you back the grand you’ve got but should pick up 30+ Hp with a tune.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 12:10 AM   #4
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
^^^^^ What Aqua and Royal said.
Danial is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 07:12 AM   #5
14Black1LESS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Headers, cold air, cat back and dyno tune, are a good place to start but will be over 1K with quality parts. Higher end headers will set you back the grand you’ve got but should pick up 30+ Hp with a tune.
This is what I would do as well.
Old 09-28-2022, 07:27 AM   #6
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
For $2200 you can do a full Texas Speed header and exhaust combo. This includes high flow cats, it is a little cheaper without the high flow cats option though. Then save a little extra for either a dyno tune or a tune from Dynosteve here on the forums...I have heard good things about him. Headers, exhaust and a tune really wake these cars up. I picked up 50hp. I believe for $1000 you could pick up a full exhaust and headers from Speed engineering. I have had their stuff on alot of my cars and fitment is usually pretty good, and for the price you can't really beat it.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:25 AM   #7
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
What has been said already is best for performance. I wouldn't put headers on my car unless they were ceramic coated. I can't anyways because cali smog rules.
The 1k doesn't leave much room for all the upgrades mentioned.
You asked for opinions so if it were me when I was younger and didn't have much money to work with, I'd just put it in bank savings for now and leave the car as it is.
You could take a girl, even if she is just a friend to some fun day trips or overnighters somewhere for a break and be within budget and enjoy the money.
Don't get me wrong, I've done mods to my car but in my opinion it's better done when you have a bigger budget to work with and won't even miss the money.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 11:05 AM   #8
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
What has been said already is best for performance. I wouldn't put headers on my car unless they were ceramic coated. I can't anyways because cali smog rules.
You asked for opinions so if it were me when I was younger and didn't have much money to work with, I'd just put it in bank savings for now and leave the car as it is.
You could take a girl, even if she is just a friend to some fun day trips or overnighters somewhere for a break and be within budget and enjoy the money.
Don't get me wrong, I've done mods to my car but in my opinion it's better done when you have a bigger budget to work with and won't even miss the money.
+1. Unfortunately $1K doesn't buy you much in today's performance world. Headers, exhaust and as mentioned 3.91 gears are all great but will bust your budget when you throw in a REPUTABLE tuner to take full advantage of the mods. Keep up on your maintenance, enjoy the car and keep saving $$$.
Old 09-28-2022, 06:35 PM   #9
ssonic2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Auto or manual?

If auto the 3.91 rear is a great first step that really wakes the car up. Can be done for $1000-1300.

sorry auto
Old 09-28-2022, 06:42 PM   #10
ssonic2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
For $2200 you can do a full Texas Speed header and exhaust combo. This includes high flow cats, it is a little cheaper without the high flow cats option though. Then save a little extra for either a dyno tune or a tune from Dynosteve here on the forums...I have heard good things about him. Headers, exhaust and a tune really wake these cars up. I picked up 50hp. I believe for $1000 you could pick up a full exhaust and headers from Speed engineering. I have had their stuff on alot of my cars and fitment is usually pretty good, and for the price you can't really beat it.

Greenhorn here if i go headers first will i require a tune? great advice thank you. so a 1000 will pick up a full exhaust what brand? and headers what kind. I'm guessing at those prices install is extra.
Old 09-28-2022, 06:45 PM   #11
ssonic2013

Quote:
Good advice save up entire amout knock it out all at once.
Old 09-28-2022, 08:09 PM   #12
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
For $1k, you could get some Speed Engineering long tube headers and a tune. $1k doesn't go nearly as far as it used to anymore. However, long tube headers and a tune will do a lot for the car. If you can swing a few hundred extra dollars, go with a cold air intake from Roto-fab, CAI, or Vararam before your tune.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:32 PM   #13
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssonic2013 View Post
Good advice save up entire amout knock it out all at once.
Because also the tunes cost money and should be re-done each time you change something that adds power. You might need to change injectors too and that's another tune.
You might find out doing more research headers and a tune is all you can afford and if that's the case that might not be enough hp for you and you choose to save for a more comprehensive package including a cam or a gen 6 Camaro stock is you best path and trade in your car.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:43 PM   #14
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Because also the tunes cost money and should be re-done each time you change something that adds power. You might need to change injectors too and that's another tune.
You might find out doing more research headers and a tune is all you can afford and if that's the case that might not be enough hp for you and you choose to save for a more comprehensive package including a cam or a gen 6 Camaro stock is you best path and trade in your car.
That’s a bit drastic, trading the car off???? No need to turn this into doomsday, it’s not like he said this was the only grand he was ever going to have to spend on mods for the car.
Most guys mod a little at a time and a lot of tuners will work with you price wise on retunes for more mods. Remote tuning is also a very real option with companies like GPI, dyno Steve etc.

Stock injectors are more than adequate for pretty much everything other than increased displacement, max effort NA, and boost. Bolt ons and cam swaps don’t require injectors.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote