Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-03-2017, 12:40 PM   #99
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
All this stuff was Camaro first. Magneride was developed by GM after all, with Delphi (which was a division of...GM). Active exhaust has been on the Camaro for a while too.

It's good that they aren't resting, but even the controversial front end gas Camaro written all over it. Triangle vents with horizontal led on the top? Sounds familiar.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the first camaro offered with the NPP exhaust the MY 2016? The GT350 was offered with an active exhaust in MY 2015. The corvette has had an active exhaust for some time now, but so have other manufacturers. Hell, back in the early 2000's, everyone was running aftermarket electric cut-outs, so this is not new tech by any means.

As for the triangle vents, they seem to be on every car on the road lately (and were before the camaro). The Horizontal turn signal has always been there, they just incorporate the fog light into signal to more mimic the GT350 and create room for the vent.

I myself worked for Delphi on electronic assist steering back in the late 90's, and fully give them credit for the magnetorheological dampers. With that said, neither GM no longer owns any part of the magneride system. Claiming that Ford is copying GM for their use is no more than saying that Ford is copying Cadillac for using an electric starter.

Ford puts out specific equipment on it's lower production niche vehicles and trickles it down to the lower models. Hell, nearly the entire current 5.0 engine was updated based off of the Boss 302.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:56 PM   #100
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the first camaro offered with the NPP exhaust the MY 2016? .
The NPP became available for the 2013 MY on M6 LS3 cars for the 5th Gen.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 01:00 PM   #101
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the first camaro offered with the NPP exhaust the MY 2016? The GT350 was offered with an active exhaust in MY 2015. The corvette has had an active exhaust for some time now, but so have other manufacturers. Hell, back in the early 2000's, everyone was running aftermarket electric cut-outs, so this is not new tech by any means.

As for the triangle vents, they seem to be on every car on the road lately (and were before the camaro). The Horizontal turn signal has always been there, they just incorporate the fog light into signal to more mimic the GT350 and create room for the vent.

I myself worked for Delphi on electronic assist steering back in the late 90's, and fully give them credit for the magnetorheological dampers. With that said, neither GM no longer owns any part of the magneride system. Claiming that Ford is copying GM for their use is no more than saying that Ford is copying Cadillac for using an electric starter.

Ford puts out specific equipment on it's lower production niche vehicles and trickles it down to the lower models. Hell, nearly the entire current 5.0 engine was updated based off of the Boss 302.
Good post. But I bet he continues to make similar posts with his head in the sand.

Similar to Mustangs being first to have LED head lights this coming year, and in the past first to use IRS, LED tail lights, projector headlights, supercharger, 4 cyl turbo... etc etc. Who cares!

Last edited by Zeke.Malvo; 02-03-2017 at 01:26 PM.
Zeke.Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 01:17 PM   #102
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
The NPP became available for the 2013 MY on M6 LS3 cars for the 5th Gen.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:02 PM   #103
camaroalltheway

Drives: 2SS convert,Mosaic Black,MRC,NPP
You mean 2008 don't you

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
sports cars don't sell well? suv's are popular ?

the news from 1999 is just catching up to some.
camaroalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:55 PM   #104
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:

Lots of cars have had lots of things. Mustang never had them until the Camaro did. First thing I saw when I saw the new front end was - they added some Camaro style to the front. To deny it is, as Zekey M would say - put your head in the sand.

I'm not saying the Mustang looks like the Camaro, it doesn't. But the 2018 refresh is clearly aimed at competing with the Camaro. They even added knee pads for crying out loud, just like the Camaro. It's ironic because Ford likes to say they benchmark BMW or xxx, but never the Camaro.

My point is, almost everything that set the Camaro apart, Ford duplicated and put on the Mustang. Don't forget, they may have called it a 2015 GT350, but they didn't ship until either the end of October or November 2015. For all practical reasons, those are 2016's.

They did a nice job with the 2018, hopefully Camaro responds with a 2019 MCE and puts them back into the rearview mirror. There's lots of room to go with the LT1.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:59 PM   #105
artsbest

Drives: ZL1
SUV's and trucks are the new rave. Muscle cars ain't getting it anymore folks. GM has shut down the Vette Kentucky plant for at least 3 weeks due to its 170 supply of them. Camaro has the same number of inventory days...170. Look for major incentives.
artsbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:23 PM   #106
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Lots of cars have had lots of things. Mustang never had them until the Camaro did. First thing I saw when I saw the new front end was - they added some Camaro style to the front. To deny it is, as Zekey M would say - put your head in the sand.

I'm not saying the Mustang looks like the Camaro, it doesn't. But the 2018 refresh is clearly aimed at competing with the Camaro. They even added knee pads for crying out loud, just like the Camaro. It's ironic because Ford likes to say they benchmark BMW or xxx, but never the Camaro.

My point is, almost everything that set the Camaro apart, Ford duplicated and put on the Mustang. Don't forget, they may have called it a 2015 GT350, but they didn't ship until either the end of October or November 2015. For all practical reasons, those are 2016's.

They did a nice job with the 2018, hopefully Camaro responds with a 2019 MCE and puts them back into the rearview mirror. There's lots of room to go with the LT1.
It's funny, the first time I saw the Camaro...I thought they copied the 2014 Toyota Corolla. Seriously, go look at it and compare.

In all seriousness, you're nuts to think Ford is trying to copy the camaro style. The facelift was done for a few reasons, one to improve european pedestrian strike testing, 2 to more closely emulate the GT350, 3 to provide better aero and 4, because Ford likes to do facelifts every few years to boost sales before new chassis come out. The mustang has been kicking ass in sales compared to the camaro, why would they want to copy the styling.

What Ford has done on this facelift is address all of the gripes by the consumer and media. They have given the mustang more horsepower and torque, an upgraded interior with less hard plastics, a fully digital dashboard, improved base suspension and optional magneride, better tires, upgraded lighting, optional active exhaust, upgraded manual and auto transmissions and better Aero. This is a mid cycle facelift for Christ sakes.

GM needs to be taking notes on this. They weren't happy with the circle jerk of current S550 owners, they listened to those who were on the fence or maybe went in a different direction due to misc complaints.

On a side note, there are some stats floating around the mustang forum showing that 40% of S550's sold are GTs. That is a damn health number.

I'll bump this thread when the camaro is upgraded with LED headlights...which would clearly be copying the mustang.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:44 PM   #107
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Lol. Well, you aren't hiding behind a false screen name, that's for sure.

You Mustang boys sure a sensitive crowd. Sorry dude, you don't have to admit it but the Ford team definitely was looking at the Camaro for the 2018 refresh. They had to do a lot, they got caught with their pants down when the Camaro came out. Sure they had good sales, they discounted the thing from day 1. Mustang6g is full of people bragging how cheap they got their mustang (and laughing when the Camaro saw discounts...Weird). But every reviewer bashed the Mustangs performance in both acceleration and handling. It lost to the 5th gen for crying out loud. The 2015-2017 Mustang is a performance lame duck. Hopefully they save face with the new one.

Ford has been pretty agressive with copying other manufactures style. Look at the Explorer, Fusion, Continental and MKZ. Shameless I say.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:58 PM   #108
VCSRT

Drives: Jeep
Quote:

You Mustang boys sure a sensitive crowd. Sorry dude, you don't have to admit it but the Ford team definitely was looking at the Camaro for the 2018 refresh.

Ford has been pretty agressive with copying other manufactures style. Look at the Explorer, Fusion, Continental and MKZ. Shameless I say.
While imitating your competition may be the biggest form of flattery, its there to detract from your competition's product to begin with. With the added features of MY '18 Mustang's, they're giving people more reasons not to buy a Camaro. As it is, I wouldn't buy more than the base Camaro, and this is just my personal opinion take it at that.

With the glut of cars, I would really love to see base Corvette's come into the 40k range...I'm not buying Chevy unless you're giving me a stupid bargain.
VCSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:21 PM   #109
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroalltheway View Post
You mean 2008 don't you
no i always say what i mean
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:57 PM   #110
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:

You Mustang boys sure a sensitive crowd. Sorry dude, you don't have to admit it but the Ford team definitely was looking at the Camaro for the 2018 refresh. They had to do a lot, they got caught with their pants down when the Camaro came out. Sure they had good sales, they discounted the thing from day 1. Mustang6g is full of people bragging how cheap they got their mustang (and laughing when the Camaro saw discounts...Weird). But every reviewer bashed the Mustangs performance in both acceleration and handling. It lost to the 5th gen for crying out loud. The 2015-2017 Mustang is a performance lame duck. Hopefully they save face with the new one.

The Mustang does have some exterior features that slightly mimic other great looking cars. But I'd rather them do that than try something like the camaro did. The camaro borrowed a lot of little body lines from the Corvette, but whereas the Corvette looks great, the camaro was unable to pull it off. The car has so many different body lines that it could be missing a few on one of it's sides and nobody would notice the difference.

Last edited by Zeke.Malvo; 02-04-2017 at 12:35 AM.
Zeke.Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:21 AM   #111
Drew66

Drives: Black Coupe
Opinions are great aren't they? Everyone has one. I guess mine is the only one that matters, haha
Drew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:04 AM   #112
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
If I close my good eye and blink really fast with the other........................
Attached Images