#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM   #1
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Gates belts for 2650 Magnuson

SO having scoured the internet and trying to find a stock lower to go on my ATI damper and having no luck I am having DSX tuning make one, the closest I found from ATI was mislabled as being 2.5% overdrive some places when its the stock LSA dimensions when its really 2.5% underdrive I bought at first and then found that out through Texas speed versus speed engineering etc....

Heres what DSX tuning says is the stock dimensions: LSA lower is 199.93mm =7.87" most call it 8"....A LT4 8.07" Lower =204.97 MM so I have them making me a pulley that size to fit my new 2650 and have them making me a Lid also in Pretty red like my wild cherry..... And finding good info on the net pretty hard sometimes as some say oh they are the same.... I remember being on Camaro 5 a decade or so ago; three Camaro's ago when guys were tightening their lifters based on Friend tuners not taking into account the ratio of their rockers and grinding the cam to death and blaming the cam .....and some other ugly things... Myself I installed a billet Thermostat housing first thing to prevent problems and wish i could do Trunnions and LS2 Dogbone and other things to be safe like my other builds but jsut want to do bolt ons for now.....
Motorhead myself in the day, and don't want to be just another grey haired vette owner...

SO here's the belts and effective lengths i compiled form gates for some of the most popular overdrive sizes most likely just figuring out whats what with which belt is up to us the end users as no charts are out there I could find worth a hoot and places just say use a fabric tape measure.....we don't know LT4.....

I am running the stock K080850HD with the belt given with the kit for my 2650 as I set it up with the pulley I have made from DSX. For the future with a tune I have a 8% OD which online they say is a 10% Over Drive for a LSA that I want to switch to when I get dynoed after installing the canned tune from Magnusons via HPtuners....I will figure it out on here and with the help of my friends here or installing the things I have which one is the right belt for my application when putting on the Big Gulp and 103 NW I have with the DSX Lid.....

SO I wanted people on here to look the list over I will insert to maybe give their knowledge to others for stock Magnuson pulley up top 90MM and stock Lt4 Bottom......

Belts are 1.087 top width" K section( 28 mm width) 8 groove....

https://www.gates.com/us/en/power-tr...555-00083.html

magnuson with kit:

K080850HD 85.08" = 2161 mm Effective length
others;

K080855HD 85.56" = 2172 mm

K080868HD 86.81" = 2205 mm

K080872HD 87.23" = 2216 mm

K080876HD 87.63" = 2226 mm

K080878HD 87.82" = 2231 mm

K080897HD 89.79" = 2281mm

so those are the numbers i could gather to help out here and hope some people can run with what they using to fill it out better for what pulley size as thats not too much difference in some of the lengths being within a couple inches..and wondering who can enlighten others with these most common sizes if you know them.... Thank you for your time, Murr......

And BTW the ATI pulleys; ATI916153 I was thinking of using had I installed the ATI just to be close to stock the LSA stock size isz I believe a 2.5% underdrive not a overdrive listed so by some sites....
The Pulley I want for a mild OD is the ATI 916106 as a 10% OD for the LSA or a 8% for a LT4..... and that's the one I am hunting for a belt for and will maybe measure for then pull the thing off the Damper if I have too or jsut buy a couple belts I guesstimate to fit....
2021 Wild Cherry ZL1 A10, Sunroof, Data,Red Carbon Interior, Nav, RotoFab Big Gulp , Elite x2ultra, Borla ATAK, Driveshaft shop, full BMR susp, Speed eng. valve covers, intercoolers, ATI , 2650 MAG, DSX lid, 103 NW, JBA shorties, Lingenfelter check, 1le wheels, spoiler and diveplanes, PCV, Big3racing ice tank, [SIGPIC]etc....

Last edited by christianchevell; Yesterday at 08:44 PM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:55 AM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I was having complete success with the provided '850 belt from Magnuson for their 90mm and my OEM lower.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote