Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 08-11-2024, 12:02 PM   #1
Camaro_Fuzion

Drives: 2022 Chevy Camaro 2SS Redline
Question about Camaro ZL1 Conversion Front Splitter Lip and new under belly parts

I will be upgrading to the Camaro ZL1 Conversion Front Splitter Lip carbon fiber. The installation seems straight-forward. I want to know what the other part names are that I can also replace underneath the very front underside of the vehicle. I'm also wondering if those additional parts would need to be primed and painted black to match my vehicle. I'm just wanting to replace the very front under-belly parts, not anything with the front directly. Most often, it's the parts that street scrapes when pulling in and out of steep driveways, streets, and roads. Trying to find those parts by name and part number is hard. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Camaro_Fuzion; 08-11-2024 at 02:07 PM.
Camaro_Fuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2024, 08:35 PM   #2
Camaro_Fuzion

I guess no one knows what is the underneath GM bumper parts.
Old 08-13-2024, 04:45 AM   #3
cheeze9878

Drives: 17 camaro ss
I think your best bet would be to ask the manufacturer of the conversion kit. You may not need to replace anything, since its a conversion kit it may fully bolt up to the underneath as well the top. And if it does need to be replaced I'm they can tell you. Also I would think it might be different from one company to the next on which conversion kit you're buying so just asking that without much information I don't think you'd get very much or very reliable information.
cheeze9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2024, 10:42 PM   #4
Camaro_Fuzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeze9878 View Post
I think your best bet would be to ask the manufacturer of the conversion kit. You may not need to replace anything, since its a conversion kit it may fully bolt up to the underneath as well the top. And if it does need to be replaced I'm they can tell you. Also I would think it might be different from one company to the next on which conversion kit you're buying so just asking that without much information I don't think you'd get very much or very reliable information.
Yes, I will do that also. After looking underneath the vehicle, I do see that the stock bottom at the very front could be replaced. I'm certain that with the parts diagram from GM, I can find exactly what I need to complete the new installation. Here's a photo of a Camaro ZL1 underneath. The red highlighted box is the part I'm looking for only. From what I can see, the Camaro ZL1 Conversion Front Splitter Lip carbon fiber is an overlay bolt-on. The very bottom lip is the part I want that will be right underneath. It seems to be hard to allocate that part by name or by GM part numbers.

Old 08-14-2024, 08:29 AM   #5
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Fuzion View Post
Yes, I will do that also. After looking underneath the vehicle, I do see that the stock bottom at the very front could be replaced. I'm certain that with the parts diagram from GM, I can find exactly what I need to complete the new installation. Here's a photo of a Camaro ZL1 underneath. The red highlighted box is the part I'm looking for only. From what I can see, the Camaro ZL1 Conversion Front Splitter Lip carbon fiber is an overlay bolt-on. The very bottom lip is the part I want that will be right underneath. It seems to be hard to allocate that part by name or by GM part numbers.

This makes no sense... the photo is of an SS, I can see the big ugly rubber flappies on both sides instead of the small plastic air diverters that the ZL1 has, plus you didn't highlight a single part but half the bumper and half the plastic transmission cooler cover...

However, if you're looking for this cover (aka "front fascia lower stiffener"), the part number is 84142146. Again, that's for the SS, not the ZL1, the ZL1 counterpart is 84084634.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2024, 09:56 PM   #6
Camaro_Fuzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
This makes no sense... the photo is of an SS, I can see the big ugly rubber flappies on both sides instead of the small plastic air diverters that the ZL1 has, plus you didn't highlight a single part but half the bumper and half the plastic transmission cooler cover...

However, if you're looking for this cover (aka "front fascia lower stiffener"), the part number is 84142146. Again, that's for the SS, not the ZL1, the ZL1 counterpart is 84084634.
Yes. its a starting point. Thanks for sharing the GM part numbers. I did oversee those parts in the beginning. Now it has come full circle.
Old 08-16-2024, 09:33 PM   #7
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
If you drive alot, I would double wrap that lip with PPF. And if you track the car....don't even install it. It's going to be ****ed up by the end of the 1st session.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2024, 02:01 PM   #8
Camaro_Fuzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
If you drive alot, I would double wrap that lip with PPF. And if you track the car....don't even install it. It's going to be ****ed up by the end of the 1st session.
How much do you think the PPF wrap for front will cost?