Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 08-03-2024, 09:56 AM   #15
m1cha3l

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Are you letting off at 3/4 track…?!? Serious question lol!
Serious answer! Not the first run but I did miss 4th second time around so yes. I should be trapping 115 ish . Lots of opportunities to improve
m1cha3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2024, 09:57 AM   #16
m1cha3l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamero6 View Post
It just takes time to master a new vehicle.
I'd focus more in being consistent than the actual times you're getting.
You can shave times with practice but there's a sweet spot where you're fast, consistent, and you're not destroying the car (even more in a manual).
Thank you !
Old 08-03-2024, 10:02 AM   #17
m1cha3l

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf556 View Post
I've been getting similar times with my m6 on the supercar tires. Absolutely no grip at launch, spins and fish tails. Really takes some finess working the clutch and gas to not spin the tires, but then that kills your 60ft and everything after. I did just put on some nitto 555r2s and can't wait to try them.
I heard good things about Nitto 555 R2 and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S but these are a little bit different from one another.

I swear these stock tires are bi polar, sometimes they hook when I mash the gas in first, or slip the clutch quick and I get minimal squeal, even when I tested launch control out in the corn fields they hooked great, and the other times a blip of the throttle will break them loose. Seems to be very surface, temperature, throttle and PSI dependent
Old 08-03-2024, 10:06 AM   #18
m1cha3l

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaudio11 View Post
I’m guessing by your location you were at Greatlakes dragaway. They run a lot of nights but track prep can vary a lot night to night there. Little things to do is to not leave the car running in the staging lanes while you’re waiting, it can heat soak the intake and really hurt performance, especially on an already hot day. They also have an airline at the barn between bike short staging and the main staging lanes. You can just bring a tire gauge, air down when you get there then air up when you leave. I would shoot for mid 20’s air pressure personally. Launching is just going to take practice and getting a feel for what the car is doing and how much it will take. I’d start from a known point of traction and gradually work to more aggressive till you find the limitations and eventual sweet spot.
You got it, that's the place. Didn't leave the car running and took breaks between runs. Oh I know where the barn is now lol. Mid 20's for the rears only right? Practice, practice, practice indeed
Old 08-04-2024, 08:23 PM   #19
m1cha3l

Apparently cornfields are where it's at lol, competitive mode, launch control north of 4k, quick slip of a clutch, perhaps too quick as tires spun, looked like power was cut and it finally hooked at around 2.5 K rpm but ended up with a 12.9. I'm ready to go back to the drag strip
Attached Images