#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-07-2024, 01:45 PM   #379
KamZL1

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2023_ZL1-AUTO View Post
Update: I don't think I could be more thrilled than I am, with the final Dyno/Tune results! 784rwhp, 687 toque @ 19psi Boost. Mike and the team really hit this out of the park !!! Thanks Katech !!!
sweet mary mother of joseph
KamZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 02:16 PM   #380
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Update: I don't think I could be more thrilled than I am, with the final Dyno/Tune results! 784rwhp, 687 toque @ 19psi Boost. Mike and the team really hit this out of the park !!! Thanks Katech !!!

Another slow ZL1.
ALL the BMR Read End Goodies + BMR Motor Mounts + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Big Gulp + GMS High Flow Crash Bar
DMS Front HX + Fender Tank + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + TOYO 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 815rwtq @E55 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 02:20 PM   #381
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

HAHA, JK Scott... Bravo Well done! Anyone else surprised at the low torque? Maybe wheel spin on the dyno? Probably because you dont have my HIGH FLOW IMPACT BAR yet...

If it is accurate, should make it alot easier to drive!
Tell MIKE he sucks for not sharing a DYNO video!

Can't wait to hear your driving impressions when you get her back!
GREAT numbers for an unopened motor my friend!
Your smile is guaranteed to stretch from ear to ear.
ALL the BMR Read End Goodies + BMR Motor Mounts + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Big Gulp + GMS High Flow Crash Bar
DMS Front HX + Fender Tank + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + TOYO 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 815rwtq @E55 13.5psi
Old 06-07-2024, 02:53 PM   #382
Katech_Mike

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE View Post
HAHA, JK Scott... Bravo Well done! Anyone else surprised at the low torque? Maybe wheel spin on the dyno? Probably because you dont have my HIGH FLOW IMPACT BAR yet...

If it is accurate, should make it alot easier to drive!
Tell MIKE he sucks for not sharing a DYNO video!

Can't wait to hear your driving impressions when you get her back!
GREAT numbers for an unopened motor my friend!
Your smile is guaranteed to stretch from ear to ear.
The torque is a function of the X-port. They are definitely lazier than the stock blower down low.

Unfortunately the dyno we use is offsite and our media guy was at Street Car Takeover Michigan today so only the tuner went to dyno with the car.

The car rips. The 775-825RWHP number is probably my favorite power level with this platform. It's enough power to feel fast but it doesn't get out of control with normal tires (Scott's has 555R2's on stock wheels).

Not to mention this car drives like stock with the OEM cam.
Katech_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 08:47 AM   #383
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Drives: 2023 ZL1 - Modified All Bolt On's
Update: BIG UPDATE! Picked up the ZL1 from Katech yesterday! The “hand off” went great! Mike was very diligent in explaining pretty much everything. Such as how the build went, how the Dyno and tune went, how the car drove on the street for them and how I should expect the car to drive now vs prior. All my old parts, new misc. left-over items/boxes/paper work etc. Were nicely boxed up and ready for me to take back. Nick, the main tech that worked on my car was also good at explaining how the build went for him. Just stuff I was glad to hear even if it didn’t mean much at the end.

So, now let’s talk about the first drive/pull, and the 2nd, 3rd and 4th pulls! I started in 4th gear at 2500rpm, and wow, was I instantly surprised (for me at least). This is the first car I’ve been in, let alone driven/owned. That actually pushed me back into my seat when smashing the peddle to WOT! Kind of something compared to when you’re in a jet for takeoff and the pilot pulls the throttles back. That sinking into your seat feeling! I left traction control on for the first two pulls, and even though it did a little side to side wiggle. It hooked up great and was perfectly straight and FAST! I wish I had the Dragy App running at the time (I order it today). The 3rd and 4th pull were pretty much the same, but, no traction control and let me tell you! These 555R2’s really HOOK UP! Not sure I had much tire spin at all, but the car just went, immediately! One thing that was interesting and the best way I can explain is like this. It seemed like my foot to pedal action had an instant and directly link to the response and reaction of the car. It must not have been like this prior, because it’s something that seemed to stand out and was very noticeable now.

Now, the misc. things I’ve noticed: 1) Wow, does this supercharger whine like a Tasmanian devil, it’s OFF the charts! I hear the supercharger more even at idle! I assume that’s a combination of the Kong X-port I had done and the DSX Lid I had prior and adding the 2.3” upper/9.45” lower! But, WOW it sounds like my buddy’s 69’ Z-28 that has a big’ol blower sticking out of the hood! 2) The engine at idle seems to be much noisier. I’m not sure if it’s due to the THPSI and the fuel injectors firing or what. But, I 100% notice a much louder “working” engine at idle. The car is noisier inside as well, but that doesn’t bother me, 3) IAT’s ? After getting coolant up to 175° and then doing my pulls. I notice IAT’s were good when doing pulls and driving, 112° to 119°. But, when sitting at a light after, the IATs creep up to around 128° to 134°, and as soon as I start driving again they went right back down into the 108° to 112°. So, this will most likely get address with some type of interchiller down the road.

This is the first high performance car I’ve had. I’ve had fast street bikes in the past, a Yamaha R1 and a Kaw ZX-10R etc. But overall, I was not expecting my ZL1 to feel and react this much more powerful and different to be honest. I guess, I didn’t know what to expect. But, I wasn’t expecting this!

Overall, I couldn’t be any happier with the decision to go with this combination of mods and having Katech do the work! Katech did a great job with the build and I couldn’t be more thrilled with the process and the results. Well, Mike could have not taken vacation the week after I dropped it off! (Just kidding). Keenan handle things great in your absence! Adding to this, I'm really happy I'm running straight E85 and will no longer be standing at a gas pump with my E-Content Calculator app open on my phone trying to figure out how to get back to my target E mix!

Now, time to enjoy the ride and try to get to National Trails for Tune and Test night on 6/28!!!

PS: When I get a data log I'll post some details and when I get the Dragy app install and get a few runs, I'll post that as well!
2023 ZL1 Auto - CSP 2" Long Tubes by Stainless Works | Gesi G-Sport High Flow CATs | Stainless Works Legend NPP Axle Back | Roto-Fab Big Gulp | Kong NM103mm | Kong X-Port | Griptech 2.3" Upper | ATI Super Damper w/9.45" (18%) Lower | TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Siemens 875cc Injectors | Brisk RR14S Plugs | Granatelli Malevolent Coil Packs | Katech Low Profile Billet Valve Covers | Katech Duel Fuel Pump System | MightyMouse Wild 1000HP CC | DSX Flex Fuel Kit | DSX Billet Lid | DMS 2gal Fender Tank | NT555R2's 285/305 | Katech Tuned | Straight E85 = 784rwhp / 678rwtq @ 19psi

Last edited by 2023_ZL1-AUTO; 06-11-2024 at 12:14 PM.
2023_ZL1-AUTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 12:09 PM   #384
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Good stuff!!! Did they mention how much timing they were running? It'd be interesting to see what that was. A billet lid will let these TVS-blowers scream. Nice numbers.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 12:16 AM   #385
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Quote:
Update: BIG UPDATE! Picked up the ZL1 from Katech yesterday! The “hand off” went great! Mike was very diligent in explaining pretty much everything. Such as how the build went, how the Dyno and tune went, how the car drove on the street for them and how I should expect the car to drive now vs prior. All my old parts, new misc. left-over items/boxes/paper work etc. Were nicely boxed up and ready for me to take back. Nick, the main tech that worked on my car was also good at explaining how the build went for him. Just stuff I was glad to hear even if it didn’t mean much at the end.

So, now let’s talk about the first drive/pull, and the 2nd, 3rd and 4th pulls! I started in 4th gear at 2500rpm, and wow, was I instantly surprised (for me at least). This is the first car I’ve been in, let alone driven/owned. That actually pushed me back into my seat when smashing the peddle to WOT! Kind of something compared to when you’re in a jet for takeoff and the pilot pulls the throttles back. That sinking into your seat feeling! I left traction control on for the first two pulls, and even though it did a little side to side wiggle. It hooked up great and was perfectly straight and FAST! I wish I had the Dragy App running at the time (I order it today). The 3rd and 4th pull were pretty much the same, but, no traction control and let me tell you! These 555R2’s really HOOK UP! Not sure I had much tire spin at all, but the car just went, immediately! One thing that was interesting and the best way I can explain is like this. It seemed like my foot to pedal action had an instant and directly link to the response and reaction of the car. It must not have been like this prior, because it’s something that seemed to stand out and was very noticeable now.

Now, the misc. things I’ve noticed: 1) Wow, does this supercharger whine like a Tasmanian devil, it’s OFF the charts! I hear the supercharger more even at idle! I assume that’s a combination of the Kong X-port I had done and the DSX Lid I had prior and adding the 2.3” upper/9.45” lower! But, WOW it sounds like my buddy’s 69’ Z-28 that has a big’ol blower sticking out of the hood! 2) The engine at idle seems to be much noisier. I’m not sure if it’s due to the THPSI and the fuel injectors firing or what. But, I 100% notice a much louder “working” engine at idle. The car is noisier inside as well, but that doesn’t bother me, 3) IAT’s ? After getting coolant up to 175° and then doing my pulls. I notice IAT’s were good when doing pulls and driving, 112° to 119°. But, when sitting at a light after, the IATs creep up to around 128° to 134°, and as soon as I start driving again they went right back down into the 108° to 112°. So, this will most likely get address with some type of interchiller down the road.

This is the first high performance car I’ve had. I’ve had fast street bikes in the past, a Yamaha R1 and a Kaw ZX-10R etc. But overall, I was not expecting my ZL1 to feel and react this much more powerful and different to be honest. I guess, I didn’t know what to expect. But, I wasn’t expecting this!

Overall, I couldn’t be any happier with the decision to go with this combination of mods and having Katech do the work! Katech did a great job with the build and I couldn’t be more thrilled with the process and the results. Well, Mike could have not taken vacation the week after I dropped it off! (Just kidding). Keenan handle things great in your absence! Adding to this, I'm really happy I'm running straight E85 and will no longer be standing at a gas pump with my E-Content Calculator app open on my phone trying to figure out how to get back to my target E mix!

Now, time to enjoy the ride and try to get to National Trails for Tune and Test night on 6/28!!!

PS: When I get a data log I'll post some details and when I get the Dragy app install and get a few runs, I'll post that as well!

Great write up Scott! Happy you made it home safe, and have already begun enjoying your new and improved ride! Great numbers for an ultra-safe set up! I bet that blower screams! IAT's are perfect, dont sweat. At that boost level you are likley to see 150F at stop lights, but then cool down to 115-125F around town and 100-110F on the highway. Looking forward to hearing more.
Old 06-14-2024, 08:07 AM   #386
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Update: While trying out my new Dragy... This mother did noting but spin through the first 3 gears (I had traction control off) So, I really need to learn how to launch this thing and probably need to get some Forgeline beadlocks with some ET Street R Pro's ! Other than that, temps are still creeping up in a range where I don't like them to be and will be looking to add an interchiller very soon. Other than that, this car is wicked good!!!
2023 ZL1 Auto - CSP 2" Long Tubes by Stainless Works | Gesi G-Sport High Flow CATs | Stainless Works Legend NPP Axle Back | Roto-Fab Big Gulp | Kong NM103mm | Kong X-Port | Griptech 2.3" Upper | ATI Super Damper w/9.45" (18%) Lower | TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Siemens 875cc Injectors | Brisk RR14S Plugs | Granatelli Malevolent Coil Packs | Katech Low Profile Billet Valve Covers | Katech Duel Fuel Pump System | MightyMouse Wild 1000HP CC | DSX Flex Fuel Kit | DSX Billet Lid | DMS 2gal Fender Tank | NT555R2's 285/305 | Katech Tuned | Straight E85 = 784rwhp / 678rwtq @ 19psi

Last edited by 2023_ZL1-AUTO; 06-14-2024 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-17-2024, 09:18 AM   #387
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Update: Just ordered the FI Interchillers Stage 2 Kit! It just so happened over the weekend, I received an email discount offer for 20% off either the Stage 1 or Stage 2 kits. That was something I couldn't pass up (kind of a fathers day present to myself!). I added the additional AN-12 hose fittings as well. The kit comes with everything needed to installed except for the wiring, fuse/relay, 3/4” heater hose, hose clamps, hose joiners, coolant or refrigerant. Kirk confirmed their Stage 2 works perfect with Straight E85 builds, there are no issues with cold starts, hot starts, idling, cruise or wide open throttle. The total price was very reasonable at a little over $2100/US. As it was 94° here yesterday and again today. My MAT/IAT2 was hitting 158° while street driving, but freeways had temps down to 122° to 133°. Once I get the kit I'll posted an installation update!
Old 06-18-2024, 02:49 PM   #388
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Update: After talking with Kirk at FI Interchillers about the installation procedures of their Stage 2 Interchiller kit (probably the same with the Stage 1 kit). You have the option to use the stock heat exchanger or remove it altogether. Since I want to keep my stock heat exchanger in place. He gave me a list of misc. parts to acquire and instructions that will allow the configuration for an automatic interchiller loop bypass.

This by-pass uses a 12VDC NPT solenoid valve - normally closed, that's controlled by a temperature controller with a temperature probe. This allows for you to set a by-pass temperature of your choosing. When the temp is hit, it will automatically trigger the valve and bypass the FI Interchiller loop, only using the stock heat exchanger loop. For race day or other times, you have the option to use a 3-way toggle switch as needed. This allows you to manually choose to use either the stock heat exchanger only, use the FI Interchiller only or use both. This is great as it builds in a fail-safe in the event the temp gets too low/too high etc.
Old 06-19-2024, 05:55 AM   #389
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Update: Here are (3) cool videos that recorded really well, how much the supercharger whines with the DSX Lid, Kong X-Port, 2.3" upper and 9.45" lower! I used the DragyApp to do the recording and not to record times/speeds.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Cm?usp=sharing
Old 06-19-2024, 10:11 AM   #390
Katech_Mike

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Update: Here are (3) cool videos that recorded really well, how much the supercharger whines with the DSX Lid, Kong X-Port, 2.3" upper and 9.45" lower! I used the DragyApp to do the recording and not to record times/speeds.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Cm?usp=sharing
That supercharger definitely screams!
Katech_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 09:08 PM   #391
2023_ZL1-AUTO

UPDATE: DHL delivered the "goods" today, the FI Interchiller Stage 2 Kit! Shipping seemed reasonably quick. The photos below are kind of an unboxing photo gallery. Everything in the box seems complete, high quality and nicely packaged and in place, with USB drive with instructions etc. Now, I have to decide if I'm going to keep the stock heat exchanger and use the temperature controller and the bypass valve for the fail safe. Or, remove the stock heat exchanger and keep the install more simple/straight forward. I will seek advice on this for my area/climate/weather here in Columbus, Ohio etc. But, I'm not going to rush the install as this seems that it needs done one way and the right way! I will update again when I start the install. Take Care!
Attached Images