Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

AWE Tuning

Old 07-22-2024, 09:14 PM   #85
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
Found a set of side skirts off amazon for $100 to try out. They look good out of the box but don't really sit flush with the rocker panel of the car. In their defense I used double sided 3m tape on the upper portion of the skirt and the supplied self tappers on the bottom. After a couple days they started to come apart but I think if they were riveted on fully instead of the tape, they would of been fine. Couldn't quite bring myself to drill holes in the sides of the car. Ended up taking them off and giving them to a friend.

turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 01:27 PM   #86
RallyRunner

Drives: 2020 RG LT1 M6 / 2019 4runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojeep95 View Post
Installed some pinch weld lift pads off amazon for about $25. Bolted on in about 15 min and now I don't know how I got by without em. Hopefully this will keep the inspection station from crushing the underbody of my car as you can see in the second pic.
hate to say it, but i tried a set exactly like these but in black. i tried them once, and saw that they were starting to bend the pinch weld due to how little surface area actually clamps down on the weld for support. nearly had the car slip off the jack stands due to the lift pads canting inward at about a 20 degree angle and looking like they'd fold the pinch weld as i was raising the other side. i lowered it back down to the ground as fast as i could.

immediately switched over to stock pinch welds but put a slotted rubber puck on my hydraulic jack pads, and i use rubber pads on my jack stands. that allows me secure lifting and a good, direct connection on the pinch weld when its sitting on the stands.

something like this for your jack, the smallest diameter but tallest you can get.

and then these for your jack stands if you're using this style stand.

i know that doesn't help with giving the guys at the garage/dealership something to keep them from tearing up your frame but for home use, i think its the best options i've used so far.