CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Where are all the ZL1"s? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571254)

emce 03-04-2020 03:20 PM

got mine for 40th anniversary (wonderful woman) 2018 ZL1 silver ice have had it 2 years under 1000 miles on it to date.

LT4Greg 03-04-2020 05:05 PM

Wow emce, you need to get the beast out and put some more miles on it!��

SteveV 03-04-2020 05:25 PM

True that... I bought my 2018 in April of 2018. So, I have almost had her 2 years now.

I have 15,672 miles on her as of this writing. But, I plan to drive her to work tomorrow...

Lovin every minute of it...

arpad_m 03-04-2020 06:30 PM

^x3, you haven't even broken that beau in after 2 years :confused0068:

Craig 03-04-2020 09:51 PM

In the whole of Oregon I’ve seen exactly one ZL1 in the wild and I drive upwards of 40k miles a year. Other than a hyper blue SS I pass on my way to work every now and then I might see 2 or 3 sixth gens a month. I know it’s mostly tea sipping hippies out here but this is ridiculous.

dbvettez06 03-04-2020 10:35 PM

Western Colorado here.

Rlhay2 03-05-2020 11:50 PM

There is one identical to mine here in Mesquite, Tx. Even has the sunroof too!

But mine sounds better! He still has the stock camshaft!

HDRDTD 03-06-2020 12:43 AM

Even living in a Detroit suburb, I can count on ONE hand the number of ZL1's I have seen on the street and not in a car show or heading to one in the last 7+ years since I bought my 2013.

IntimidatorZ 03-06-2020 02:09 AM

Yep HDRDTD, I was going to say, we're in GM's backyard here in Michigan, heck, I'm not too far from the Milford Proving Grounds, yet I have seen only 2 6th gen ZL1s on the road that were privately owned. At that, I really don't see many 6th gens in general especially in comparison to Mustang and Challengers which unfortunately is reflected in the overall sales (Camaro in 3rd). It's too bad because our cars are awesome!
IMO I chalk this up to 2 major areas:
1: The advertising for the Camaro outside of the Transformers movies was sub-par to say the least.
2: I love the styling of our ZL1s especially the front end, but I think the 6th gen as a whole wasn't different enough in exterior design from the 5th gen. GM probably lost out on quite a few sales of 5th gen owners who didn't feel like taking a bath on their 5th gen to pony up to buy a 6th gen when they look too similar with not much of a bump in power (especially the SS model 426hp to 455hp).

I just hate to see the Camaro go yet again and especially given the context. I hate that it looks like Chevy is just giving up and bowing out when the going gets tough. Would be nice to see a Gen 7 car that makes a comeback against Mustang and Challenger instead of just quitting, but I don't see that happening. Appears to me they put all their eggs into the C8 basket, leaving the remainder of gen 6 to run its course on the back burner.

Gunkk 03-06-2020 06:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by zx9rmal (Post 10737332)
Interesting. Since purchasing my previous SS 1LE in April of 2017, I've probably seen only 3 or 4 on the road. Now that I have the ZL1, I actually don't think I've seen another one since I bought the 1LE in 2017.

Where are they? Is it the same where you guys live?

Why there's one right there...

...in my driveway! :D

Scottyz 03-06-2020 08:23 AM

Up here in Canada there’s not many ZL1s. I have a ZLE so even more rare. Funny there is a guy not far from me that has a blue ZLE and our city is small so for a guy to be local that also has one is pretty cool. I haven’t seen it but my kids, my parents and some friends have seen it. There was apparently less than 75 ZLEs sent to Canada for 2019 MY. But even seeing a ZL1 is rare. Same with SS 1LEs.
I will say this. I have never owned a car with such a presence on the road. A trip to the gas station can turn into a half hour ordeal answering questions about the car. All the time I see people videoing or taking pictures. One guy hit the curb watching the car while he was driving. I didn’t know until I offered to pull over so he could look at it. That’s when he to,d me he hit the curb. Sure enough both his passenger side rims and tires has serious rash. He didn’t seem to care. He was more or less picking his jaw up off the ground looking at the car. It’s crazy the amount of attention it gets. From both young and old people and in between.

LT4Greg 03-06-2020 09:43 AM

I like your post Gunkk!!��

Noreplacement 03-06-2020 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One was in my drive just last fall.

MoreSpeed 03-06-2020 10:05 AM

I have seen one other ZL1 up here in Maine since I got mine in 2017, and I heard that there is yet another lurking around, although we have never crossed paths.

Unfortunately, the other one up here does the same autoX that I do, and damn, that guy is fast.

I also go down to Massachusetts quite a bit and haven't run into another, although I know from this forum that there are more out there in MA. I, like others, also do see more Mustang GT350's and Hellcats.