Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-03-2024, 11:41 AM   #15
spdkilz911

Drives: 23 ZL1 20 Jeep GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
$1200 plus tax and consumables. Here in MA, it was just about $1300.

It *might* add 5 seconds to your time before engine start in the car, but the button presses need to be timely. Not in a "do it before this happens", but just a short quick press. I start the code right after the gauges start their "start up sweep". It doesn't like holding the button down / long press, but if you screw it up, just turn the car off, and turn it back on. It will let you know if you did it right, btw.

It is 1000% worth it, in my opinion, knowing that right now, there are 2 people who can start my car. Me, with the PIN code, and the installer who knows where it is hidden, cause he'd have to remove it (although he'd have to have a key, too).

I still have other security, and park in a garage, and I don't even live near "big crime", but our cars are just going to get harder and harder to replace over the years, so dropping ~$1300 on a ~$70,000 car seemed like a no-brainer.

EDIT: Oooof, just saw you live in HTX... get that Igla asap bud. Stay safe, stay vigilant.
I agree. It takes just a few seconds to go through the process. Well worth it to me. It stays in the garage a night but I do drive it. If they drag it down the street then they do.
Old 05-03-2024, 12:56 PM   #16
Texas1ss

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS, M6, NPP, Mag Ride
Thanks for all the info, Curr and Spdkilz911. I know my lowly SS isn't as big a target as the ZL1's, but I just watched a recent video on YouTube of a guy in Houston who got his SS jacked and parked at an apartment, with other cars.

They were leaving them there for a while to make sure they didn't have trackers before they gutted them. Luckily he got his back in time.

Appreciate the info. I'm on it.
Texas1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 02:29 PM   #17
Texas1ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdkilz911 View Post
I had the IGLA installed, $1500 out the door. Sound Evolution in Houston.
Just a follow-up on this for anybody interested in this system. I called Sound Evolution and got the same quoted price. I decided to call IGLA Houston to see if they offered it cheaper.

The guy said that he won't put these systems on a car with a manual transmission. He said there's an issue with the firmware, and that they only do automatics.

I called back Sound Evolution to double check this, and the guy that runs the front desk and gave me the quote got with the tech who verified what IGLA Houston said.

I was recommended a Ravelco system by IGLA Houston, which is 800 bucks installed. But talking to the tech at Sound Evolution he said those can easily be bypassed and that there's a video out there showing it can be done. Load of bullshit!! LOL.

If anybody knows of anything else that works with a manual, holler, or has used the Ravelco. I might be back to the OBD hiding, fake ports, and OBD lock.
Old 05-03-2024, 03:09 PM   #18
spdkilz911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas1ss View Post
Just a follow-up on this for anybody interested in this system. I called Sound Evolution and got the same quoted price. I decided to call IGLA Houston to see if they offered it cheaper.

The guy said that he won't put these systems on a car with a manual transmission. He said there's an issue with the firmware, and that they only do automatics.

I called back Sound Evolution to double check this, and the guy that runs the front desk and gave me the quote got with the tech who verified what IGLA Houston said.

I was recommended a Ravelco system by IGLA Houston, which is 800 bucks installed. But talking to the tech at Sound Evolution he said those can easily be bypassed and that there's a video out there showing it can be done. Load of bullshit!! LOL.

If anybody knows of anything else that works with a manual, holler, or has used the Ravelco. I might be back to the OBD hiding, fake ports, and OBD lock.
Sound Evolution and IGLA Houston are the same place. Took me a minute to figure that out. Didn't realize the manual transmission made any difference. Ravelco is better than nothing. I looked at that as well. I have seen the videos of it being bypassed. I wanted something that was armed passively without having to pull the knob. I didn't see myself doing that ALL of the time. Don't short yourself, they will take the SS in a heartbeat.
Old 05-03-2024, 03:19 PM   #19
ls1ya

Drives: triple black 98Z
Quote:
I had the IGLA installed, $1500 out the door. Sound Evolution in Houston.

i thought it was supposed to be a standard 1200 plus tax from every installer. mine was 1323 otd
ls1ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 03:50 PM   #20
Texas1ss

Quote:
Sound Evolution and IGLA Houston are the same place. Took me a minute to figure that out. Didn't realize the manual transmission made any difference. Ravelco is better than nothing. I looked at that as well. I have seen the videos of it being bypassed. I wanted something that was armed passively without having to pull the knob. I didn't see myself doing that ALL of the time. Don't short yourself, they will take the SS in a heartbeat.
Well, I'll be damned. I looked up both on Google, and called two different numbers. IGLA Houston has an actual web site. I spoke to two different people. One guy even mentioned the other shop giving him a bad review. Looking at it now I see they're the same address. That's a weird one.

And I hear you. Checking into the Ravelco next. How easy it's bypassed is what I'm curious about. From everything the tech told me, though, about the IGLA you're good. Wish it would work on mine. I would have gladly paid it.

Back to the drawing board.
Old 05-03-2024, 04:53 PM   #21
RIPws6

Drives: 2019 2SS Riverside Blue
If I was a Dev at Range Technology, I’d be working around the clock on a fix for this. They obviously have the know how on altering programming via the port.
I’d pay good money for a device that could effectively stop the FOB cloning.
RIPws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 04:59 PM   #22
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=623413
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 04:59 PM   #23
spdkilz911

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1ya View Post
i thought it was supposed to be a standard 1200 plus tax from every installer. mine was 1323 otd
Area specific I guess?
Old 05-03-2024, 05:05 PM   #24
spdkilz911

Quote:
Well, I'll be damned. I looked up both on Google, and called two different numbers. IGLA Houston has an actual web site. I spoke to two different people. One guy even mentioned the other shop giving him a bad review. Looking at it now I see they're the same address. That's a weird one.

And I hear you. Checking into the Ravelco next. How easy it's bypassed is what I'm curious about. From everything the tech told me, though, about the IGLA you're good. Wish it would work on mine. I would have gladly paid it.

Back to the drawing board.
Yes, they have two different numbers but google shows them in the same building area. They had done some work on my Corvette and he remembered me when I walked in to drop the car. Kind of interesting but whatever.
They use a meter and jumper wire to bypass the Ravelco. I guess if the have the tech to clone your fob they can bypass the Ravelco. Although Ravelco preaches that they have never had a vehicle stolen??
Old 05-03-2024, 05:08 PM   #25
Texas1ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricio View Post
Thanks, Capricio. Lot of good info. I'll deep dive into after I get done working. Appreciate it.
Old 05-03-2024, 05:10 PM   #26
Grtpkn

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs & 2023 2ss convertible
Curr, where in MA did you get it installed? I am interested
Grtpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 05:11 PM   #27
Texas1ss

Quote:
Yes, they have two different numbers but google shows them in the same building area. They had done some work on my Corvette and he remembered me when I walked in to drop the car. Kind of interesting but whatever.
They use a meter and jumper wire to bypass the Ravelco. I guess if the have the tech to clone your fob they can bypass the Ravelco. Although Ravelco preaches that they have never had a vehicle stolen??
It's confusing to me. The guy at Sound Evolution wasn't real big on the Ravelco, and the IGLA Houston rep said they were pretty damn good.
Old 05-03-2024, 05:37 PM   #28
spdkilz911

Quote:
It's confusing to me. The guy at Sound Evolution wasn't real big on the Ravelco, and the IGLA Houston rep said they were pretty damn good.
I remember him saying that to me also. It is cheaper but I knew I wouldn't remove the knob every single time. If you can do that, that sounds like your best bet. The one time you don't remove it, like at the gas station etc, is when someone pulls up on you.