Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-03-2024, 10:11 PM   #1
Keithj3

Drives: 2016 camaro
HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

What’s up fellas , I’m stumped on this one and need a few ideas . Car is a 2016 2ss , lt4 short block , lt1 heads , cammed , lt4 blower , upgraded fuel system and on e85 . Car ran great all season and thru the winter ( yes I daily this missile haha ) anyway one day after the gym I stopped in a drive thru to get some food , they couldn’t hear me so I shut the car off , when I restarted it I had what seemed to be a misfire and the ses lamp was flashing steadily. I limped it into the parking lot and had it towed to a reputable speed shop . After days of testing they found both banks opposite fuel trims with bank 1 stft -16 and bank 2 stft +20 , and misfiring all on bank 1 only . I’ve had new plugs installed , (new to me ignition coils off a known good car ) tried new injectors oem from local dealer , I’ve had the blower removed several times to have wiring checked , check grounds at back of heads on both sides also added a braided strap ground for insurance sixth gen’s are know. For bad ground issues . I’m stumped on this one guys 2 speed shops now and im about to pull my hair out . Any help is appreciated!
Keithj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 08:16 AM   #2
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
check the exhaust all the way from the manifold gaskets down to the header rear flange. Could also have a bad O2.

But also keep in mind, if a cylinder is misfiring, the O2's will read rich and try to pull fuel. That could be why you see -16 on one bank. That side likely has a misfire. You might have a broken valve spring or bent pushrod. You need to pull the valve covers off and verify things mechanically as well.
Old 05-04-2024, 10:06 AM   #3
Keithj3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
check the exhaust all the way from the manifold gaskets down to the header rear flange. Could also have a bad O2.

But also keep in mind, if a cylinder is misfiring, the O2's will read rich and try to pull fuel. That could be why you see -16 on one bank. That side likely has a misfire. You might have a broken valve spring or bent pushrod. You need to pull the valve covers off and verify things mechanically as well.
Thanks brother, changed both o2’s. And checked all the wiring VERY well nothing!!! Even check compression for for the hell of everything good there. New wires, plugs, still nothing. No broken valve springs and pushrod are straight. This thing is weird.
Old 05-05-2024, 07:41 AM   #4
Zracer

Drives: 1999 Z28, 2011 2SS VERT, 2016 1SS
Check the header tubes with a temp gun to see if you see one that's not as hot as the others when running . If you can narrow it down to which cylinder its skipping on this well help. Then swap coils from that cylinder to another. Rule one thing out at a time. You might could do a leak down too .

Last edited by Zracer; 05-05-2024 at 08:32 AM.
Zracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 03:00 PM   #5
Keithj3

Ok thanks for the reply brother. I’ve changed the coils, and no change. But will do the temp on cylinder check later. I’ll get back in few again any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Old 05-06-2024, 11:21 AM   #6
Keithj3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zracer View Post
Check the header tubes with a temp gun to see if you see one that's not as hot as the others when running . If you can narrow it down to which cylinder its skipping on this well help. Then swap coils from that cylinder to another. Rule one thing out at a time. You might could do a leak down too .
So I checked using the heat gun and it appears that the whole driver side bank is doing this. I’m willing to pay ANYBODY who can figure this problem out!!!!!
Old 05-06-2024, 11:39 AM   #7
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Rich and lean at the same time... this is an interesting problem.
From what I read this is usually an oscillation problem. Bad O2 sensor, but you already checked that.
Check the MAF.

When you got the "misfire" at restart, were there any loud bangs that might have blown open a vacuum leak somewhere? I think this is less likely.

Also, some ideas here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...-bank-2-a.html

Last edited by ctrlz; 05-06-2024 at 11:55 AM.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 12:13 PM   #8
rcoe

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
At the end of last winter I had an issue that was taking me in circles similar to yours.

I ended up draining the fuel tank and refilling with fresh 93 and have not had a problem since, best I can figure is I got a bad batch of E85.

Might be worth a try.
American Racing headers - Borla S-type
rcoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 01:21 PM   #9
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Check the main coil pack connector plug on the driver side.
Old 05-06-2024, 04:52 PM   #10
Zracer

Drives: 1999 Z28, 2011 2SS VERT, 2016 1SS
Like Megahurtz suggested check the coil harness connection on that side. If it's good start checking all your grounds on the engine harness. I've seen a loose ground cause problems like this many times.
Zracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 01:43 AM   #11
Keithj3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
Rich and lean at the same time... this is an interesting problem.
From what I read this is usually an oscillation problem. Bad O2 sensor, but you already checked that.
Check the MAF.

When you got the "misfire" at restart, were there any loud bangs that might have blown open a vacuum leak somewhere? I think this is less likely.

Also, some ideas here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...-bank-2-a.html
No loud bangs or anything. And the killer is it’s not setting any codes!!! Just the flashing engine light( random miss fire). It’s at killer performance, up there with Justin Keith and his crew, and those guys are stuck too!!! I sure hope I get this thing figured out. Thanks for the advice. Ill keep you guys updated.
Old 05-07-2024, 01:46 AM   #12
Keithj3

Gonna try fresh gas soon as they open. And I’ll make sure they check the coil connector too.
Old 05-08-2024, 12:20 AM   #13
Keithj3

Well guys put fresh gas in the car. Nothings change who can I pay to figure this thing out!!! I’m all ears!!
Old 05-08-2024, 08:54 AM   #14
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
When I lost fuel injection on the rh bank, the issue was a bad ecm
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote