#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

AWE Tuning

Old 10-06-2015, 08:05 AM   #43
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by OperativeXIV View Post
I hate to admit it but these pictures are the first time I've seen a picture of the 6th generation and thought it *really* looked good. All the other pictures of it made me feel like I was trying my darndest to like it, but it actually looks very good in these images.
Completely agree.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:09 AM   #44
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Obviously a car's style, design and aesthetics is mostly subjective anyway so to each their own and IMO it should respected even if disagreed with.

For me personally, I think both 6th gen cars look good. And currently I prefer this type of S550... the new Shelby GT350.

So GM... your turn to eventually reveal an aggressive 6th gen special edition car.

Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:20 AM   #45
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
GT350 is a huge styling improvement over the GT.. Much more aggressive. Although, you can make the GT looks pretty good for not much money.

I hate the ass on the Mustang. It is too sloped and needs a spoiler or a dovetail.. I really like the dovetail on it.

You guys remember the Bonneville and Taurus of the mid and late 90s? The sloped rear was terrible without a spoiler.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:23 AM   #46
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
Ok I just ventured over to the that other forum. Seeing how they are being so biased I'll go ahead and speak my mind.

The mustang is an attractive design but, it has a serious bubble butt. It is not a "sexy" ass. The designers spent too many nights watching Nicky Minaj videos. Seriously, how have they brainwashed each other into thinking the back of the mustang looks good? It's a hot mess of disjointed lines and angles.

I will admit that the camaro rear isn't perfect.... But, it's far less "busy". The camaro rear end at least holds a vertical plane. And the camaro rear end is a far more simple and less disjointed design. 6 tail lights for the mustang vs 2 for the camaro. Rear diffuser is very pronounced and unattractive on the mustang yet basically flat on the camaro. Ugly extra panel that holds the taillights on the mustang.

Basically the mustang guys are smoking something. Their rear end does not look good and is the biggest turn off of the new mustang!

Well, i could start going off on the catfish mouth and the extra set of yellow turn signal lights on the front end. But, the camaro looks so much better from the front end that I don't even need to go there.
You've gone bow tie blind.

Btw..the Mustang only has 2 tail lights, with a tri-bar design. It's a Mustang heritage thing.

I guess the Camaro has 8 tail lights since there is a different colored bit in the middle of the lenses and the lower edge signature lighting?
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:30 AM   #47
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
If they had that front fascia that's on the GT350 on the regular GT model, I would have never bought a Camaro. I had been a long time mustang driver. Ive owned five of them but the 15 front was too much to handle so I went for the sexier(at the time) camaro
Old 10-06-2015, 09:27 AM   #48
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
You've gone bow tie blind.

Btw..the Mustang only has 2 tail lights, with a tri-bar design. It's a Mustang heritage thing.

I guess the Camaro has 8 tail lights since there is a different colored bit in the middle of the lenses and the lower edge signature lighting?
I was just being a troll and behaving like they are Over at M6G..... I'm not going to sink so low as to join their forum.

The mustang is a good looking car. Aside from the 1971 Mach 1 and the Fox body mustang this generation is the best looking. First one since the fox body that I could see myself driving.

I stand by what I said in that the gen 6 camaro is the better looking car - even the rear end.

The 60 degree forward rake of the mustang tail light section is very strange looking. Just look at the side view or 3/4 rear angle shots and you will see what I mean. It doesn't blend with the rest of the design. Once you see it you will notice it everytime you look at a mustang.

I do agree that the stanchion spoiler is an eyesore on the SS. Too bad it can't be factory deleted.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:43 AM   #49
Z28sr2fast4yall

Drives: 83z,86z,90rs,91rs,92rs,94z,95rs,95z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enders View Post
I agree, I like the rear of the Mustang more than the new Camaro. I will say that from personal experience it's kind of a pain to clean though (so many little nooks and crannies).

I actually like the front, but that may be because I was one of the few people that liked the Ford Evos concept car. I am looking forward to them making it more aggressive for the 2018 redesign though; that Camaro just looks mean in comparison!

The ford Evo is not the first of this look. They designed their new ford line off of the Aston Martin... That's why it looks almost identical to the Aston Martin... Although, it will never perform as such...
Old 10-06-2015, 10:03 AM   #50
Denmanman4

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
It almost seems as if the Mustangs rear end is tryjng to go for the porche 911 look but still trying to keep it somewhat mustang looking. Either way it looks terrible.
Denmanman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:13 AM   #51
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
I'm still waiting to see the Camaro in person before passing judgment. I can certainly see the Fusion comments aimed at the Mustang from pictures, but its a beautiful car in person, in my opinion.

The black car with the fender hash marks is the first Camaro that has me excited about the car aesthetically. The car looks lean and athletic without losing its muscle car character. I also love the detail and color of the hash marks. That bit of white makes the car pop to me.

I was originally thinking of doing nightfall gray with black wheels, but was worried it would be too dull, but this makes me think it will work just fine.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:42 AM   #52
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
...I like the Fusion....
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:34 AM   #53
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
The new Stangs rear end reminds me of a dog with worms, dragging his ass across carpet. It is so "droopy". The SS isnt fantastic, by any means, but that GT...ugh. The only thing that can make up for that ass, is the GT350s face! That thing is how the Mustangs SHOULD look. Sexy!

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:58 AM   #54
LilAndyG23

Drives: 1989 Chevrolet C1500
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 3597
Size:  198.3 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiam View Post
Went to the mg6 forum. Wow, what a joke. I was a long time mustang driver but the 15 was absolutely hideous. they think the 16 is ugly while they are driving this
Attachment 747709
Thanks for this!!!
LilAndyG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:16 PM   #55
neutral

Drives: Ask.
The
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAndyG23 View Post
Attachment 747947

Thanks for this!!!
Too much hate ITT. Take any car with a big grille, like the Mustang or Camaro, and snap a photo with a wide-angle lens up close and you'll get the fish effect. Imagine if this photo was taken even closer with the same wide lens.

I think the Camaro has a better looking front end and the Mustang has a better looking rear.
neutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:26 PM   #56
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
The Mustang's fish look isn't due to a wide angle lens. Its the headlights giving a forward look that appears to be coming from the side of the fenders. I do like its rear a lot.

The Camaro's front looks mean... Terminator. In videos the Camaro's rears looks great. Static photos don't do it justice.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote