View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 08:17 PM   #202
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
Having an intercooler in the grill wouldn't make sense if this has the LT4 where the intercooler is on top of the engine. Based on the shape of the hood the LT4 is still a possibility. That heat exchanger in the grill is something else.
Not true. The hellcat has two small ones behind the bumper. A far better and more efficient design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Wait, what? The GT350 is supposedly in line with a C7 Z51 and a GT350R is a bit fast than a 5th gen. Z/28. I full anticipate a GT350R to hand the Z/28 its ass too.
Pretty much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
He went off about the GT350R-C as used by the Multimatic team in the CTSCC. He then failed to mention the GT350R-C kicking the crap out of the Z/28.R's in the two races that followed.

Ford doesn't release ring times so he's also saying that means GM wins.

Basically it was a worthless post
those cars aren't stock and have restrictions against them so not a even comparasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
Guys there is no 550hp NA v8. They tried to make it one for the z06 and it worked fine, except the emissions targets so they scrapped it. There will be no N/A z28 period. Hope I'm wrong but I don't think so.
No reason a 396 lt1 varaint couldn't hit 540hp and be wicked fast in a light weight z28. Cut the weight down to 3600 flat with a nasty torque curve and it'd be a riot on the track.