Thread: Seat Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2024, 07:13 PM   #14
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
What olrocker said applies to a theoretical upgrade to the official 2SS / ZL1 solution. The harness he's talking about is the main body harness that is highly complex, spans the entire car, and is one of the first components installed into the empty unibody on the assembly line, that's why he says you need to disassemble the car to replace it. This is simply not realistic IMO, you'd be paying thousands for two small fans and a heating element.

You can always just add fans and heating elements with switches to your seats, find a 12V power source and hook everything up yourself (heck, I already have my GM lumbar switches and been planning to install my own lumbar support for years ), but it won't look and function exactly as stock. Plenty of videos on youtube, or you can head on over to Gen5DIY and see their seat ventilation package install video, that should give you some ideas on how to approach this, if you really want heated/ventilated seats.

If you watch the illuminated door sill installation video I linked to above, you'll see that the guy installs it in a 1SS. That lighting package comes with the necessary harness, so no problems there.
Don’t mean to hijack, but today I am installing my antitheft and decided to remove the driver seat for the fat old person room and noticed a unacceptable blemish on my seat back , I have been searching for a replacement part number for these (unfortunately on a ZL1) Alcantara Ricaro seats. Can anyone solve this mystery?
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote