Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-08-2024, 03:33 PM   #1
wbcamaro6

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Shift to park

Greetings all,

Is there anybody that has experience with this error message? My 20’ camaro SS has a message every now & then saying “shift to park” when I cut off the car. In order for me to get it to clear I simply depress and release the silver button (gear selector) I’ve looked online & saw Malibu’s, Acadia’s, & other GM vehicles have this issue. I watched a video on a Acadia with the issue, the guy removes the bezel to the gear selector, pops out a little black tab, & bends a pressure switch and that resolves the issue. I tried to do that on my Camaro, but I could not locate a black tab to bend the switch. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks.
Old 05-08-2024, 03:37 PM   #2
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbcamaro6 View Post
Greetings all,

Is there anybody that has experience with this error message? My 20’ camaro SS has a message every now & then saying “shift to park” when I cut off the car. In order for me to get it to clear I simply depress and release the silver button (gear selector) I’ve looked online & saw Malibu’s, Acadia’s, & other GM vehicles have this issue. I watched a video on a Acadia with the issue, the guy removes the bezel to the gear selector, pops out a little black tab, & bends a pressure switch and that resolves the issue. I tried to do that on my Camaro, but I could not locate a black tab to bend the switch. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks.
My car will give me that message once in a while, but usually after I have disconnected the battery or screwed around with electrical.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 03:40 PM   #3
wbcamaro6

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
My car will give me that message once in a while, but usually after I have disconnected the battery or screwed around with electrical.
Yea, it’s just annoying, I’ll get it figured out though… How is the torque in Zl1?
Old 05-08-2024, 03:55 PM   #4
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbcamaro6 View Post
Yea, it’s just annoying, I’ll get it figured out though… How is the torque in Zl1?
The torque is exhilarating, I really enjoy the car. The downside is electrically it’s sometimes too smart for its own good.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 04:45 AM   #5
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=553306
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 08:51 AM   #6
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
There is a recall with this but for some reason does not include the Camaro SS. Internet is littered with this complaint for camaro ss. Kinda bothersome. Right now I feel like I'm playing Russian Roulette. Obviously I have no warranty, and I really want to see how they will explain aftermarket mods caused the issue.

I don't have the problem yet...
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | LS MSD Plug Wire Set | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Retuned by: Justin L. | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote