#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-07-2024, 07:48 PM   #1
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Arrow DUAL WIDE BANDS ???

Hey guys... with the recent install of my GESI 4.5" 1700HP rated cats... that were installed with V bands, I had the shop weld in another Wide Band 02 bung on the opposite bank... in order to future proof for a second wide band gauge. I've read this is NOT necessary, but perhaps a wide safeguard for higher HP boosted cars.

Question.1 - Who else has two?
Question.2 - If you display both, how do you?
Question.3 - Are there any gauges that blend the two banks? or do you simply display both individually?
Question.4 - Anyone done this with a Banks iDash?

Thanks in advance.
ALL the RED BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Big Gulp + GMS Crash Bar + Remote Tuning from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 775rwhp 815rwtq @E55 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 12:19 PM   #2
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
#2 probably have a gauge for each one, I'm using the aem so you'd need a gauge pod for both.
#3 display each one individually which will tell you how far off they are from each other and if you have a failure might be able to save it. Don't think blending will do much as your averaging them when you want to know exactly where each bank is at.
#4 If the banks will display afr or lambda, might be able to wire them both into that gauge and only need one but I don't have the banks so not sure if it is capable.

My plan is to eventually run both aem's in my dual a pillar pod and then my aeroforce in a vent pod. Will probably pick up an IDash down the road because they display a lot of info at once as opposed to the aeroforce which only shows 2 pids at once I believe.
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 12:26 PM   #3
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Thanks for the feedback Aaron, Just found this... Also assume we could run them both through the Banks iDash once you purchase there expensive hub?
Attached Images

ALL the RED BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Big Gulp + GMS Crash Bar + Remote Tuning from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 775rwhp 815rwtq @E55 13.5psi
Old Yesterday, 07:16 AM   #4
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

I am surprised that no one here is running (2)... Is it really not beneficial then? or is it just a cost issue?
Old Yesterday, 11:04 AM   #5
Camfab

Drives: ‘23 ZL1-1LE
I can’t speak from experience, with regard to the Camaro, however more information is a benefit in my opinion rather than less. Especially for diagnostic purposes, assuming the devices are actually high quality and are known to give out accurate information. Bad data from poor quality sensors can be almost as bad as no data….
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM   #6
SpeZ

Drives: 2019 ZL1,2016 2SS, 2017 320d F30
why would you run one for each bank?
If you adjust fueling or spark times it applies for both banks the same.
Both banks will probably run slightly different anyways.
Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM   #7
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeZ View Post
why would you run one for each bank?
If you adjust fueling or spark times it applies for both banks the same.
Both banks will probably run slightly different anyways.
Not sure myself... what I am seeing online is extra insurance to make sure each bank is similar. I am not a tuner, so I don't know what you would do if one bank changes significantly, but I assume it also helps to ensure against a failing sensor?

Hoping bigger brains will chime in on this

I am asking because the iDash allows to monitor both, and there are other products on the market that track both so that tells me the cost benefit and demand has already been evaluated.

I assume a stock car would not be needed, but perhaps valuable for those pushing the limits more?
Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM   #8
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE View Post
Not sure myself... what I am seeing online is extra insurance to make sure each bank is similar. I am not a tuner, so I don't know what you would do if one bank changes significantly, but I assume it also helps to ensure against a failing sensor?

Hoping bigger brains will chime in on this

I am asking because the iDash allows to monitor both, and there are other products on the market that track both so that tells me the cost benefit and demand has already been evaluated.

I assume a stock car would not be needed, but perhaps valuable for those pushing the limits more?
Well I’m not sure about “bigger brain” but I’ll chime in…

It’s nice to see stuff on the iDash but datalogging on HP Tuners is where it’s at. Since the AEM 30-0334 makes it SO easy to integrate single wideband readings into your VCM Scanner, that’s what we all live with lol. If iDash could integrate the dual wideband readings into the scanner logs during a run it could certainly be helpful…but really not day-to-day helpful over a single wideband UNLESS you were having issues between driver and passenger side banks that isn’t picked up by the ECM (heavy rich/lean conditions and/or misfires are detected by the ECM)… so not sure how often the duals would really be that useful. Just my 2 cents.