#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-07-2024, 07:22 PM   #43
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Install a bunch of countermeasures, I already did and am sleeping just fine. Hit me up if you want details, you have my number
^^ This, if it doesn’t start, it doesn’t start. Park smart.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 07:51 PM   #44
Broooster

Drives: Sharkskin Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Maybe I just need to sell this thing. I don't need this stress on top of everything else. Supposed to be cruising it up to MA from TN in June and I'm sweating this BS, right down to where the hell to stay for lodging.
We travel with ours from time to time and park in some hotel parking lots. I try to park on the same side my room is on, I check on it often, and I pull a bunch of fuses and carry them into the hotel with me. The odds of a car thief having a pocket full of the proper fuses is none. One of the fuses I pull is the seat fuse, after moving the seat all the way forward. Drive your car, tomorrow isn't guaranteed anyway.
Broooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 08:05 PM   #45
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broooster View Post
We travel with ours from time to time and park in some hotel parking lots. I try to park on the same side my room is on, I check on it often, and I pull a bunch of fuses and carry them into the hotel with me. The odds of a car thief having a pocket full of the proper fuses is none. One of the fuses I pull is the seat fuse, after moving the seat all the way forward. Drive your car, tomorrow isn't guaranteed anyway.
Now that right there is funny, I don't care who you are!

I'm adding that one to my already well layered approach!
After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 08:50 AM   #46
Timuh60

Drives: 23' ZL1, 17' 1SS Vert, 68' SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by DansZL1-1LE View Post
Here is a suggestion for valuing your car with the insurance company. Go to the auto auction web site Bring a Trailer and get prices of sold equivalent cars. There are non for sale right now, but they have some historical pricing.

https://bringatrailer.com/chevrolet/...neration-2016/
Thanks for the tip. That may help depending on what CCC comes back with.
Timuh60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 09:10 AM   #47
rbuzz00

Drives: 1974 Z28, 2002 Camaro SS 2024 ZL-1
There is no 100% ironclad solution to the threat of car theft. There have been known cases of parking garages working in cahoots with car theft rings that are responsible for many car thefts. All they have to do is to give the attendant a few bucks to look the other way for a few minutes.

And even if you resort to pulling all of the fuses there is always the old reliable tow truck.

There is no end to the creativity of car thieves when it comes to separating you from your car.

It's a shame that the world is this way, but that's the way it is.
rbuzz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 01:18 PM   #48
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbuzz00 View Post
There is no 100% ironclad solution to the threat of car theft. There have been known cases of parking garages working in cahoots with car theft rings that are responsible for many car thefts. All they have to do is to give the attendant a few bucks to look the other way for a few minutes.

And even if you resort to pulling all of the fuses there is always the old reliable tow truck.

There is no end to the creativity of car thieves when it comes to separating you from your car.

It's a shame that the world is this way, but that's the way it is.
Facts! I installed a host of security features on my father's 1995 Impala SS, and the fools used the tow truck and drove away from the house with the alarm blaring, lights flashing. Not one person alerted law enforcement.