Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-07-2024, 05:01 PM   #15
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Great question by the OP. I consider myself cautiously optimistic. Live in a nicer part of town, gated community, park in a garage, security cameras, guard dogs, etc... But understand none of those prevent theft.

When I am driving my car... I conceal carry 100% of the time. But understand that also does not prevent theft. I am most nervous when I park away from home. But like others have said... this is only a car, and I refuse to live in fear, rather plan for as many variables as possible, and leave the rest for chance.

Also have extra insurance replacement value just in case.

Best I can do now is enjoy... and be aware of my surroundings.
ALL the RED BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Big Gulp + GMS Crash Bar + Remote Tuning from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 775rwhp 815rwtq @E55 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 05:02 PM   #16
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Guys, please remember the rules of posting and keep both the violent and political comment out or this thread will go away.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 06:08 PM   #17
TheEnthusiast

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1SS
Honestly, I don't worry because of where I live, its a nice area. The police are aloud to do their job. The policies that govern my municipality protect me and not the criminals. You steal a car around here, you're doing time and not getting a slap on the wrist or worse if the owner catches you.
Old 05-08-2024, 12:13 AM   #18
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
I park on the 4th floor of an employee-coded, gated and enclosed parking garage.

I live in a neighborhood that’s quiet, secluded, and everyone knows each other and the cars that come through. If a suspect car is anywhere near my house trust me my neighbors will prod. Also, I’m a 1 minute drive from my local police/municipal operation.

And the guy a few doors down is a retired vet who was in the Bosnian conflict in the late 90s and has an arsenal that would make Rambo shed tears of joy.

F’n try to break into my garage and steal my car.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 06:34 AM   #19
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Just so you have some idea about how easy it is to steal these cars when you don't take any anti-theft measures:

https://www.reddit.com/r/camaro/comm...in_60_seconds/

Just an OBD lock by itself would have at least given them some grief.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 09:14 AM   #20
ls1ya

Drives: triple black 98Z
Thanks for the answers just trying to get an idea. I notice a majority mention area, neighborhoods and gated communities. please still don't take any of those for granted. I know I'm in the land of the lost but even the best neighborhoods and gated comms have been hit here. please take precautions.
ls1ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 11:36 AM   #21
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Just so you have some idea about how easy it is to steal these cars when you don't take any anti-theft measures:

How in the heck did he get that window out like that?
Notice how he uses a wireless OBD dongle so he can stand outside and run if he has to.
I think a club and an OBD lock on a dummy plug would have been enough to spook them and move along.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 12:00 PM   #22
Junction65

Drives: 2011 GMC Sierra 1500
LE needs to start using 6 gens as bait cars.
Current mileage: 313
Junction65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 12:20 PM   #23
CamaroSue

Drives: 2019 Corvette GS, 2023 ZL1
I am beyond paranoid!!! I think the car is safe at home (secluded area and garage) and work (you have to be badged to get in). But I havent taken the car anywhere else for months now. Its beyond ridiculous what this country has become. Start having major consequences for these f*cking thieves, the stealing would go way down!!!!

On my way home EVERYTIME if I even think someone is following me I keep right on going until nobody is behind me.
Old 05-08-2024, 12:33 PM   #24
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricio View Post
How in the heck did he get that window out like that?
Notice how he uses a wireless OBD dongle so he can stand outside and run if he has to.
I think a club and an OBD lock on a dummy plug would have been enough to spook them and move along.
According to the commenters on Reddit they most likely broke the window and then pulled it out in what looks like one piece but what is actually happening is the window tint is keeping all the pieces in place.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 12:41 PM   #25
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
According to the commenters on Reddit they most likely broke the window and then pulled it out in what looks like one piece but what is actually happening is the window tint is keeping all the pieces in place.
I saw that, but i don't see him using any force to break it, or any shards/debris and the window appears to be rigid/intact resting against that partition thing. ...although it doesn't look big enough, so maybe it came apart. I half expected him to pick it up and take it with him.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 01:02 PM   #26
ls1ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post

Thanks for posting this one. Ive seen hundreds of these videos but this has to be the most complete and clear video showing their modus operandi in entirety. Most people have no idea how fast or easy it is until they see these.
Old 05-08-2024, 01:06 PM   #27
ls1ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricio View Post
I saw that, but i don't see him using any force to break it, or any shards/debris and the window appears to be rigid/intact resting against that partition thing. ...although it doesn't look big enough, so maybe it came apart. I half expected him to pick it up and take it with him.
He's correct above. I figure its either a ceramic like the top of a spark plug or just a cheap glass break. Side windows are tempered so they shatter but dont necessarily fragment. Then just pull up and off track.
Old 05-08-2024, 01:11 PM   #28
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
You can hire this guy to stand next to it 24/7:

Name:  IMG_2390.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  42.0 KB
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie