Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-08-2024, 04:49 PM   #1
jd2021

Drives: 2023 Camaro SS1LE
OBDII Electronic Lock Idea/Feedback

Hello Everyone,
Hope you're doing well today!
So I've been recently working on a side project/idea for an OBDII electronic locking mechanism and would love feedback/input from the community.

My idea involves de-pinning the current OBDII connector and hooking up the pins to the device that I'm working on. The device holds a user set password and only allows the signal to go through when the password is input correctly. I'm trying to make it as user friendly as possible so I will most definitely include the de-pinning tool and instructions on how to de-pin the current OBDII connector and how to hook it up to the device I'm working on. I'm working on this being 100% reversible as well as design it so if someone wants to solder wires onto the device for better protection they can do so. The code is pretty much done, I'm just working on the prototype enclosure and hardware packaging and then I will be testing it on my car. Once testing is done on my car, if anyone is interested, I would love to have a few beta testers to help find edge cases or issues with the device.

I would love any feedback on this as it stands now as well; any community driven ideas or concerns would be most welcome.

I've attached my top level idea that I came up with when I started working on this as well, so hopefully it helps a bit.

Best,
-J
Attached Images

jd2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 05:37 PM   #2
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
Sign me us as a beta tester. Let's do this
Old 05-08-2024, 06:06 PM   #3
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
What would be better is if you could hook it up to a device that only allows it to pass data if it detects a RF signal from an independent fob. You carry that extra fob with your keys and it would be pretty much seamless.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 06:11 PM   #4
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
What would be better is if you could hook it up to a device that only allows it to pass data if it detects a RF signal from an independent fob. You carry that extra fob with your keys and it would be pretty much seamless.
https://lockdownsecuritycanada.ca/pr...les-obdii-port

They sell the unit for 175 Canadian
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 06:37 PM   #5
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
https://lockdownsecuritycanada.ca/pr...les-obdii-port

They sell the unit for 175 Canadian
May have to go through with it. Its a shame we have to go to these lengths on our cars today. Can't have nice stuff in society without always looking over your back.

Next we need ADT to start selling car alarms that dispatches an officer to your vehicle when its triggered.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 06:53 PM   #6
david_acm

Drives: LT1
I have a spare OBD2 extension that I can mess around with to get it working.
david_acm is offline   Reply With Quote