Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-11-2015, 10:59 AM   #43
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
changing the course, great idea.
sudden death one run, great idea.
i enjoyed it all. I went out and swung for the fences and came up short.
there is all ways next year
Old 08-11-2015, 01:44 PM   #44
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
I love fence swingers!

Our staff and drivers slowed down at the end of the day. Getting the driver's to the starting line took longer. The time keeping took longer. Could be we were l hot and tired...

We trimmed the runs so we could finish before they threw us out. We know the format is good and we'll make sure we tweak it for next year.

As for the Vettes, a number of them are former 5th Gen owners that have run with us for years. Once you are in, you are in for life.

We'll take your thoughts under advisement.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:27 PM   #45
MexicanCustard

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE NPP
I did find that it was a little unfair that the people who ran on Friday got to run again on Saturday. They knew the coarse from the start and those who only ran Saturday have to throw away a lap or two to learn the coarse.

Missing the cut by .3 secs and only getting six(5) runs would make some upset. Me, I drove badly and didn't deserve to make the cut so I'm not complaining.

BTW, thanks Zombie killer for the pointers over in turn 3 Saturday.
MexicanCustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:38 PM   #46
JusticePete

Everyone is welcome to run all three sessions as long as we have room. No one was turned away. The track was very slick in the Friday am session and better in the afternoon. The best track was late in the Sat am session Saturday. Funny thing is the FTD was run on Friday. afternoon. Go figure.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:09 PM   #47
Smkymts

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
Its funny that no one complains when they win, especially when they beat a stronger car. Only when they dont make the cut. Same held true for the drag racers. I didn't hear the V6 drivers complain about racing blown V8s. And one V6 driver even took 2nd place against better/stronger cars on paper. Maybe driving skills played a part. Would these same complainers be complaining if they beat the Prius, or Vette or Porsche? I think not.
I agree its Camaro fest, but I welcome all good competition.
Final thought: I didn't see the Corvette Museum tell Camaro5 members to take a hike when they set up the Thursday road course run. Some ran their Camaros on their Corvette track. At the end of the day, we are C5fest, not the NHRA, SCCA or any other sanctioned body or event. At best you might get a thropy, but we come here to gather as C5members to have fun so can the complaining just cease? And race what you brought cause at the end of the day, its never going to be perfectly fair in all classes with all the various modifications in and under all these camaros. There was 800 camaros at fest and i bet there was no two alike. So how to you fairly group them when you cant see or know all rhe mods they may have made?

Last edited by Smkymts; 08-12-2015 at 07:22 PM.
Smkymts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:55 PM   #48
nrr8865

Drives: '10 RJT-2LT/RS & '10 Buick LaCrosse
This is so true Smkymts. For those of you that know me or better yet my car, Garrett was in the same boat as me in past years. He went up against 2 fi camaros and came in 2nd. Great job Garrett! Being a former V6 driver, I raced what I had and never complained. I stepped up this year to a 1LE and got my ass kicked by a lot of better drivers. Not better cars. I'll take this ass whooping to become a better driver.
nrr8865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:13 PM   #49
p3jason
Allergic to stupid.

Drives: 2015 ZL1 #957 M6 AGM & 1990 Z24
Send a message via Yahoo to p3jason
This was my first autocross ever. I had no realistic expectation of placing high in this event, but my time dropped with every run. I like that there were opportunities for full throttle and standing on the brakes along with some tight 180s. The bottom line for me is that was just plain balls out fun! I thoroughly enjoyed testing some of the capability of my car.
My only question is for Pete. Was there any tread left on the front tires of that Dodge when you turned it back in?
Old 08-12-2015, 09:30 PM   #50
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3jason View Post
This was my first autocross ever. I had no realistic expectation of placing high in this event, but my time dropped with every run. I like that there were opportunities for full throttle and standing on the brakes along with some tight 180s. The bottom line for me is that was just plain balls out fun! I thoroughly enjoyed testing some of the capability of my car.
My only question is for Pete. Was there any tread left on the front tires of that Dodge when you turned it back in?
Turned what back in
Old 08-12-2015, 09:45 PM   #51
p3jason
Allergic to stupid.

Drives: 2015 ZL1 #957 M6 AGM & 1990 Z24
Send a message via Yahoo to p3jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Turned what back in
Wasn't it a rental?
Old 08-12-2015, 10:57 PM   #52
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3jason View Post
Wasn't it a rental?
Old 08-12-2015, 11:11 PM   #53
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smkymts View Post
Its funny that no one complains when they win, especially when they beat a stronger car. Only when they dont make the cut. Same held true for the drag racers. I didn't hear the V6 drivers complain about racing blown V8s. And one V6 driver even took 2nd place against better/stronger cars on paper. Maybe driving skills played a part. Would these same complainers be complaining if they beat the Prius, or Vette or Porsche? I think not.
I agree its Camaro fest, but I welcome all good competition.
Final thought: I didn't see the Corvette Museum tell Camaro5 members to take a hike when they set up the Thursday road course run. Some ran their Camaros on their Corvette track. At the end of the day, we are C5fest, not the NHRA, SCCA or any other sanctioned body or event. At best you might get a thropy, but we come here to gather as C5members to have fun so can the complaining just cease? And race what you brought cause at the end of the day, its never going to be perfectly fair in all classes with all the various modifications in and under all these camaros. There was 800 camaros at fest and i bet there was no two alike. So how to you fairly group them when you cant see or know all rhe mods they may have made?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smkymts View Post
Very disappointed in how the drags where organized. Never heard M6 street tire class called. Was running in AutoX and asked how we could do both drag and auto. Pete at AutoX said they got together with Mlee and Drag would call over to Pete by cell at AutoX and Pete would send us over to drag. No call was ever received. Heard my name being announced as being eliminated cause of no show. Everyone days every year that members can do both, and every year this stuff happens. Oh, you can run, but if you ate good enough to go deep in qualifying, then this happens. I didnt go to fest last two years cause of stuff like this. Had hoped things had improved. It hasnt.
I'm totally confused by your last two posts... one full of complaints and just the opposite on the other. If you were in AutoX on Sat afternoon you were obviously in the finals. Drag and AutoX finals running simultaneously does not allow for cars to make it back and forth to do both. Yes we try to do it every year and it just cannot be done so that's our fault not yours. But if you can hear your name being disqualified you can obviously hear your class being called up and at that point a decision on your part had to be made. Glad you tried to make the most of all the racing it's just trophies and fun. No big awards here.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:13 PM   #54
JusticePete

Here is a link to pictures of every car that ran the CamaroCross. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2109717&type=1 You are welcome to tag yourself and download the images.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:25 PM   #55
NDZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 69 SS 81 Z28 85 IROC
Thank you

I want to thank all the people who put this event on. I had a Blast it was my first time running in an autocross event and I made it to the finals in C4 that was more than I expected. I cant wait to do this again I told you Pete that us stock car drivers can turn right too

Name:  ac1.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  129.0 KB
NDZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:01 PM   #56
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
the stock car had issues with the donut lol
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote