Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-21-2015, 10:47 AM   #1
San2cci

Drives: 2013 silver ice metallic ZL1
EVAP and O2 "Not Ready"

I have been to the NJ inspection station 3 times over the past 4 months. My car will NOT pass! The EVAP and o2 say "Not Connected" or "Not Ready" so I keep getting rejected. I scanned the car and cleared the codes to reset the computer. I have driven a total of 2,000+ miles too and it still is not ready.

I have a 2010 2SS L99 with: cold air intake, cat back exhaust, resonator delete, ported throttle body, Range AFM delete and minor suspension work which I am sure won't affect it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My Inspection went bad in January. Thanks!
San2cci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:14 AM   #2
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Had this issue last month when trying to get my Avalanche inspected. Turns out I had replaced the battery the day before and that's what caused it to fail 4 readiness codes. There is a drive cycle that has to be performed to exact conditions. If you have driven for miles and miles without covering every part of the procedure it might not pass. If you had disconnected the battery for any of your code resets that could affect it as well. Try this procedure.

http://www.obdii.com/drivecycle.html

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:33 PM   #3
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
isn't there a common issue with the evap system on the 2010's? yea, they had issues with the evap vent solenoid. yours might need replacing. that might explain why the evap system isn't completing. with that many miles, it should be complete by now.

I'm fairly certain you can have 1 of those systems NOT READY, but not two.

NOT READY is normal after you reset the computer for all the readiness monitors and they slowly go to COMPLETE or whatever. The evap system is a bit of a pain sometimes. The O2 one though should be rather easy.

NOT CONNECTED... if it says this I've never seen this. maybe you have a bad wire on the O2 system????
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:46 PM   #4
San2cci

Thank you for the replies. That drive cycle is crazy! How am I supposed to hold steady 55MPH for that long 3 times without accelerating or braking?
Old 05-21-2015, 12:47 PM   #5
San2cci

Also, I still have a "Bumber to bumper" warranty through GM. Do you think the fact that it's not passing would be covered under the warranty?
Old 05-21-2015, 12:51 PM   #6
maddoggyusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by San2cci View Post
Also, I still have a "Bumber to bumper" warranty through GM. Do you think the fact that it's not passing would be covered under the warranty?

Yes, but you have some mods. That might make it harder.

but at least the evap solenoid is worth getting checked.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:37 PM   #7
San2cci

Update: still won't pass inspection due to the above issue. Brought it to Chevrolet and they couldn't figure it out so they charged me $110 to reflash the computer and it still won't pass. Does anyone have any other suggestions or know of a fix?
Old 08-21-2015, 09:13 PM   #8
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
has to be the mods. as Sherlock Holmes would say, once you've eliminated the impossible, whatever's left, no matter how improbable, must be the answer.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:41 PM   #9
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
Don't clear the codes as each time that happens you have to do a drive cycle. I think you at least need one of those two to be ready in order to pass. I would not use the range until you pass. The other mods shouldn't affect this. But maybe put back as much stock as you can. This happened to me after a tune. Chevy tech said to drive a full tank of gas...turning car off and on and have mix driving (hwy and city). I passed with mods. And don't let your battery die...trickle charge.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:49 PM   #10
aotiengoi

Drives: audi
The O2 one though should be rather easy.
aotiengoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 12:16 AM   #11
maddoggyusa

looking at your mods, I think the ported intake and CAI are more likely to cause a problem (if anything). the other stuff in your exhaust is downstream of the sensors so I think have less effect.

I would replace your ported intake as it's fairly easy and see if fixes. if no, then put in stock airbox and check again. it's gonna be some trial and error.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:21 PM   #12
San2cci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace View Post
Don't clear the codes as each time that happens you have to do a drive cycle. I think you at least need one of those two to be ready in order to pass. I would not use the range until you pass. The other mods shouldn't affect this. But maybe put back as much stock as you can. This happened to me after a tune. Chevy tech said to drive a full tank of gas...turning car off and on and have mix driving (hwy and city). I passed with mods. And don't let your battery die...trickle charge.
I am hesitant of the Range also. I'll remove it and do a bunch of highway and city first and see if that works first if not I'll go back to stock. Thanks for all the help.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:10 AM   #13
EFI

Drives: something faster than you
Quote:
they charged me $110 to reflash the computer and it still won't pass
Quote:
and cleared the codes to reset the computer
For one, stop flashing your computer and reseting the codes. Everytime you do that you have to start that drive cycle over again, and as you noted it can take quite a while to get done.
EFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 02:02 PM   #14
claudiel19

Drives: Camaro SS 2014
Having the same issue myself and just failed TX inspection for O2 sensor not ready. I have range and CAI inc intake. I assume OP resolved since last post is over 7 years old. Any suggestions? Might it be the range afm device?
claudiel19 is offline   Reply With Quote