View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 02:20 PM   #2659
Lnch Mny

Drives: IBM Camaro
JRE trans tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Just finished the install of the Jannetty Trans Dipstick assembly. Really nice setup.

So, a couple of things to note:

I have headers and the O2 extensions so I had to maneuver them along with the wire harness that is just above the location where the tube goes in.

First, I remove the B&M dipstick and cleared the area (note, I removed the sparkplug wire on #8)

then, while underneath, I move the wire harness up to give the tube clearance:

With the tube in, that wire is going nowhere...

next, I applied a little trans fluid to the seal and placed it back on the tube:

Next, I removed the one bolt on the bellhousing right above the starter:

Once the bolt was removed, from the bottom, I manipulated the tube so it would make its way to the engine bay -- you just have to fish it up there, making sure all wires are cleared and no impediments. I'd consider 'taping over' the opening at the top (my engine bay is pretty clean but as a precaution its not a bad idea):

With that partially located, verify wires are cleared, nothing pinching around the headers, then slide the tube seal and tube inside the opening in the transmission -- make sure it bottoms out (Notice I pushed the wires up and out of the way of the dipstick tube?):

Now bolt in the bracket (tighten the bolt 30 to 35 ft lbs per Ted) -- notice the starter wires and how close they are to the bracket?:

I then ti-wrapped the wires and connectors to keep them away from the header:

Put in the dips stick (notice I rotated it 180° to keep it out of the way):

Verified everything and fired it up!

NO LEAKS and this works 100x better than the previous setup -- WELL worth the effort.

Overall, took me about an hour since I had to remove the B&M version (and while I was at it, replace the cabin filter since I was in there).

GREAT product and install was not bad @ all! Looks like it will read the level just fine -- I just need to test it properly by getting the temps up -- weather sucks right now so I'll probably have to just let the car run for a while and ck it then.

My only issues were the spark plug wire is just touching the tube -- but I think a small correction on it will fix that. I'd also consider 'notching' the bracket for the starter wires, just to give a bit more room there -- but these are the ONLY things I've found. I'd also consider adding a hole in the bracket so a tiewrap can be used too (maybe 2 holes)...

-Don

Don,

You don't happen to still have these pictures of your install do you? I tried for a couple hours to get this tube in and couldn't get it done. I felt like the wire harness and starter cable were in the way and no matter where I moved them i couldn't make it happen.

Thanks,

Tyson
Lnch Mny is offline   Reply With Quote