View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 08:45 AM   #218
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Not if you want a manual. The C8 has been dead to me since its inception because of this. If someone wants a new car with a V8 + stick sports coupe there’s only 1 option now unfortunately. Also I’m not even sure a positive displacement blower can fit under the rear hatch of the C8. One other thing I’ll add is pricing on EVERY car today is high/terrible. 30k for a freakin Camry I think is bad. 70k for a base corvette is high as well. 70k for a Mustang is actually inline with all the BS price increases of all vehicles the past few years. Everything is expensive.
The Darkhorse is way overpriced for what it is, especially if you go with the track package. I'd rather have a ZL1 or a Corvette. As the article stated, the Darkhorse isn't much faster than the GT, which costs significantly less. The downside with the GT is you can't get some of the upgrades that the Darkhorse has. For example, if you want a manual transmission you are stuck with the Getrag in the GT rather than a Tremec that the Darkhorse comes with.

Adding a blower to the Mustang will certainly add power, but you would still have to spend another 10k to do that right.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote