View Single Post
Old 10-26-2022, 08:26 AM   #35
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro fanboy View Post
i'm talking about daily driving dude not racing.
the s550 is a pile of excrement. not a single thing is any good. in fact the opposite.
they drive like a car from the 1980's.
Are you implying that road course/track performance metrics in no way translate to daily driving?
I doubt I would be alone in arguing that a car that's designed to have better road course performance will have better performance in general. The only real concern is if they go "too far" and make the ride so stiff and harsh that is makes it so uncomfortable that no matter how good it handles people don't buy it.
S550 was indeed a compromise one where it's engineers, like Mustang's engineers all along, try to walk a line between performance car for the enthusiast and performance car for the masses. The masses want soft and pliable with a sporty look. The enthusiast want taught and athletic, with the performance to back up the look. Sadly the masses tend to win out, but from a business perspective that makes sense.
S650, though simply and evolution of S550, has a chance to take from what eventually proved to work for the previous platform. The Shelby cars and Mach1 prove that it could indeed be made to be a competent, well handling, honest to goodness performer. It's really up to how far the current engineers wanted to, and we're allowed, to go