View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 11:07 PM   #285
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Who did you you sub belt slot??
I did it. I took a chance on getting the alignment correct, between where I mounted the sub belts on the floor to where they came up into the seat. There is not much room for forward or rearward movement of the seat and having the sub belt not run into anything.

The Z/28 Recaros would be easier to do this to because they are not power seats. Th motor is the biggest obstacle on the power Recaros.

As for the slot, I calculated where it should be based on published recommendations by Schroth and other safety groups. Cutting the Recaro seat cover and foam was the easy part, cutting a slot in the seat frame was a little more difficult because you don't want metal grinding debris thrown everywhere. There is a stamped steel bottom to the seat framework. Once I had that hole cut, and the seat cover hole open, It was just a matter of installing the plastic bezel. I did take some pics, I throw some up here soon.