View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 01:14 AM   #6
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Unfortunately, your "easy fix" won't work, like stated above... GM needs to patch the software in the cars to not allow reprogramming of a keyfob via the OBD-II port...

At this time, the best course of deterrence/avoidance is a highly-layered method:

1. Visual deterrents: Steering wheel "Club", I've gone so far as to add a second Steering wheel to brake pedal "Club"... Now need to cut the steering wheel in 2 places (IF they have a hack saw) (Also makes them wonder, "Hmmm, 2 Club's, what else might they have done to prevent theft?")
2. Relocated/spoofed OBD-II port (not going to elaborate on this but there is plenty of info out there, VERY easy and VERY cheap to do)
3. Other electronic starter interrupt devices (there are multiple out there, not going to elaborate on those either (as this is a VERY MUCH PUBLIC forum))
4. Cover your VIN number in your windshield
After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote