View Single Post
Old 01-13-2024, 08:03 AM   #29
Ray3768

Drives: 1977 Trans Am, 2024 Camaro 2SS
Many thanks to everyone for the encouraging words. Today is the day! I'm picking her up later this morning. Since the new owner can't take delivery of my existing car until then end of the month, I'm looking forward to taking pics of both cars sitting next to each other. Last night's monsoon has moved out so it should be dry for the ride home, and most importantly it will be in the mid to upper 50's so the tires should be reasonable happy. I made a full throttle blast through first and second gears on the ride home from work last night which will be the last fun I have until the new car break-in period is complete. Don't get me wrong, familiarizing myself with the new car will be fun, just no high RPM pulls for a bit.

One factory option I forgot to mention is the red painted calipers. Does anyone know if it's difficult to keep these clean? I know my existing car can turn the wheels black in a two weeks. Do these calipers clean up easily?

JoeCamaro444, we're close in age. I turn 54 in three days. Yep, I'm fat, ugly, and old. '88 IROC, that's awesome! I loved my 3rd gen. They are great cars. My '88 T/A was a daily driver and needed to be reliable, so there were no significant mods. I did put on a Flowmaster muffler for a proper exhaust note and a Flaming River Industries (I think that's who made it) solid billet aluminum steering rag joint to tighten up the steering.

No worries about hijacking this thread. That's how we all learn. I was unaware of the RGB footwell lighting. Sounds pretty cool, I might just check that out.

Looks like it's sunny out today so hopefully I get some good pics to post up this evening. I'm gonna pull my shit together and head off to the dealer shortly. Woo, this is exciting!

-Ray
Ray3768 is online now   Reply With Quote