View Single Post
Old 11-22-2023, 12:54 PM   #43
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer

Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRifecta View Post
Amazing attention to detail. I can't wait to hear your review of how it sounds. Also curious to how much weight has been added when all said and done.
Thanks. I'll have a video series on my YouTube channel documenting the process along with measurements and reviews of the changes.

The short summary is that it's quiet enough now that you only hear the engine/exhaust when revs are high, and tire/road noise is mostly gone. A small bit of music is all you need to overcome everything else - which achieves the desired goal. I can have music on at a comfortable volume, near conversation levels, and the music is all you hear.

When going over bumps, you'll get a small bit of suspension noise, but nothing annoying. Treating the wheel wells was a huge improvement as a step 2. Nothing comes from the rear, it's really quiet back there and rear passengers say that the only noise they hear is from the front. The firewall is not treated. The floors could be treated a bit better with added barrier on top of the CLD. That may be a spring project.

As far as weight, about two Americans. Center of gravity is lower and more rearward. This is a daily driver, not a racecar, so some added weight to make it more enjoyable is totally worth it.

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . . 2000: 6/25/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22 . . . . . . . 6000: 9/10/22

Daily Driver mileage update: 22k mi. @ April 2024
New Engine @ 22,600

Build Log: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...6#post11353116
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote