View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 07:48 PM   #8
jcocke23

Drives: '17 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71bb View Post
Well this weekend will be the FIRST chance I have to take car to the track with the -3.6 negative camber at Motorsports Ranch. I am running MS 4S 305 30 19 tires on all four wheels which are APEX SM-10's 19 x 10.5. I do this because this car is a daily driver as well.

At Eagles Canyon I ran -2.0 degrees negative camber and that handled really well for a 300 treadwear tire. The front end DID push out some at the absolute limit when cornering so my hope is the extra camber will help some with that. The tires like a cold starting pressure of about 30 PSI and I would gain 5-6 PSI during the runs.

I have include pictures of my STRUT that comes with the SG3 package and the VORSHLAG camber plate as it was ORIGINALLY shipped to me PRIOR to changing out to the 14MM bearings (MAG RIDE configuration)

All really good info, thanks for sharing! I've been running GY SC3R with a 305 square setup like you on Apex wheels too...except my car no longer sees much street use. I have a set of Hoosier A7s to try next time. I was able to get around -2.6 on the stock setup, but I did get a little bit of strut rub on one side. My tire wear suggests I could use a little more negative, so my target will be -3.2 next time out. I primarily run VIR and its very easy on tires, but it will eat thru to the outside cord on a rough track like Roebling Road.

I guarantee the extra camber will help with the push you were experiencing.

Track Carz LLC on:
FB, IG, and youtube
jcocke23 is offline   Reply With Quote