View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 09:08 PM   #31
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Installed the aux radiator grille screens from the ZL1 today. The front fascia removal is a bit of a pain and the removal/installation of the driver side aux cooler ducting is a pain. The ZL1 screens don’t 100% cover the aux radiator (doesn’t on the ZL1 from the looks), but a good improvement. I noticed more debris in the driver side than the passenger. I actually found a fairly large pebble wedged between the ducting and the exchanger element... The reason the driver side ducting is a pain is due to some pump that protrudes into the ducting (didn’t bother to see what the pump was), the pump blocks easy access to one of the plastic push-pins and the pump makes it very difficult to remove the ducting (I ended up unclipping the outer edge on the ducting, pushing the pump out of the way and squishing the ducting to get it out). If wanted I can write a guide on this, but here are some pictures:
Attached Images

Last edited by Mountain; 02-18-2019 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Pump is the auxiliary vacuum pump for the brakes
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote