View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 10:42 PM   #14
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
Oh no! Not another!

Just wow. What is it about drivers who lack the discipline to come to a complete stop for red lights or properly come to a complete stop at stop signs, look, and then only proceed when Traffic is clear? Happened to me back on March 31 and nearly identical to yours except no air bag(s) deployment. My estimate for damages $11.3k. My car is being repaired, and I should get it back I’m told this coming week (finally!). As you can see, the whole quarter panel had to be cut out and replaced (b and c-pillar) but fortunately no suspension damage. As for diminished value, here in GA you can claim DV even from your own insurance per law. Once I get it back, I will be having a 3rd party appraisal done. As for totaling a vehicle, especially when within 2 years of build date, the cost of repair must equal or exceed 70% of fair market value. So, I had no prayer for being considered totaled. I wish you the best whichever way it goes. I can only pray that mine will be like it was before the collision. Consider me a guinea pig, I guess, as I will be tracking soon. If it has issues, then it looks like I’ll be going for a ZL1 as the 2019 SS front end does not inspire me...unless I find a 2018 still out there either 1SS or 2SS 1LE.
Attached Images

HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote