View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 11:03 PM   #1955
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen 6.2 View Post
Great report (except for the grass fire part)! Sounds like you had a blast and the car did really well!
Thanks!

I didn’t bother with recording the first session since I was getting used to the new tires (good thing too, went limp mode).

Second session was recorded but, LOTS of slaty ‘sailor’ talk so I’ll keep that one for me ;o). My best time in that session was 2.21.10

Third session GoPro died but I did use the Apex Pro. I really love that thing!

My best time was 2.16.60 so I shaved off 5 seconds there while still dealing with traffic (which is why I can’t show the video from all the ‘complaining’ ;o). There were ALOT of folks in the green group — they said the most they’ve ever had — plus they were giving tour laps at the same time, which really slowed things down. From turn 6 to 7, 125 down the straightaway but that didn’t happen too often due to traffic (135 to 140 is very possible there before the braking zone)

Over all, shaved 5 to 6 seconds per session. Wish I could have done my 4th session but ran out of time due to the fire (and oil leak). I’d like to have seen how much faster I would be. I was getting comfortable with the tires and throttle control that I started pushing more speed in the turns and rolling on the throttle coming out of them. My instructor is a blast — we both were having fun ;op

Looks like I may do May’s event for fun. Just racing once a month there is still a ton of prep work — mind you I’m anal about my safety but crap can still happen ;o)

Overall, I’d love to see more Camaro5 folks do this. A ton of fun!

-Don

Last edited by hammdo; 04-18-2018 at 12:19 AM.
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote