CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   Electric water pump (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608834)

Joshinator99 08-27-2022 02:35 AM

Electric water pump

Out of curiosity, is anyone running this pump:
https://www.meziere.com/Products/Coo...ace-Model.aspx

It looks nice. Might be nice to have at the drag strip since you could run both this pump and the intercooler pump without needing to start the engine.

KingLT1 08-27-2022 10:08 AM

You seem to be on a roll...bolt that baby up and let us all know. EWP's were always worth some power on older gen 2 LT and LS engines. Not sure why it would be any different. The main difference with gen 5 LT is the direct injection.

95 imp 08-27-2022 10:31 AM

I have one on my Gen 2 LT1. I've had good luck with it.

Joshinator99 08-28-2022 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingLT1 (Post 11221090)
You seem to be on a roll...bolt that baby up and let us all know. EWP's were always worth some power on older gen 2 LT and LS engines. Not sure why it would be any different. The main difference with gen 5 LT is the direct injection.

I’ll probably give this a try this winter when the car is under the knife (although I feel like it’s under the knife year round at this point lol) for more upgrades. Looks like a really nice piece and I’m liking the thought of running that pump with the car off at the track.

GTO_Gregory 09-04-2022 05:21 PM

I checked into this Meziere pump a while back. With the new LT1 engine there are different belt driven pumps for different vehicles. Hence the inlet and outlet are different based upon the vehicle.

Unfortunately, what Meziere offers is for the racer and the hose locations do not match what we need on the Camaro. You'd need to get the Meziere swivel outlet, and then some special hoses.

If you look closely, the LT1 model is the same as the LSx race model.

I also suggest the relay kit Meziere makes for their water pumps. SKU WIK346.

I have a Meziere water pump on my 2006 GTO and enjoy it. Zero issues.

If you do a lot of drag racing the electric water pump can help cool down the engine between rounds.

Joshinator99 09-04-2022 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO_Gregory (Post 11224505)
I checked into this Meziere pump a while back. With the new LT1 engine there are different belt driven pumps for different vehicles. Hence the inlet and outlet are different based upon the vehicle.

Unfortunately, what Meziere offers is for the racer and the hose locations do not match what we need on the Camaro. You'd need to get the Meziere swivel outlet, and then some special hoses.

If you look closely, the LT1 model is the same as the LSx race model.

I also suggest the relay kit Meziere makes for their water pumps. SKU WIK346.

I have a Meziere water pump on my 2006 GTO and enjoy it. Zero issues.

If you do a lot of drag racing the electric water pump can help cool down the engine between rounds.

Good info, thanks. :happy0180:

Trochoidal 05-20-2023 07:24 PM

Old thread resurrection: Hey Josh did you try this pump?

Joshinator99 05-20-2023 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trochoidal (Post 11318509)
Old thread resurrection: Hey Josh did you try this pump?

I did not try it. After @GTO_Gregory’s post it didn’t sound that fun anymore and I honestly forgot all about it. Someone needs to do it up on a Camaro and document the details to make it work. Maybe you @Trochoidal…? :happy0180:

Trochoidal 05-21-2023 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshinator99 (Post 11318529)
I did not try it. After @GTO_Gregory’s post it didn’t sound that fun anymore and I honestly forgot all about it. Someone needs to do it up on a Camaro and document the details to make it work. Maybe you @Trochoidal…? :happy0180:

Ah, I see this isn’t plug and play and needs some hose management. I wish I had a use for this setup because I’d be all over it. Let’s just say i can make parts from metal. :happy0180:

Joshinator99 05-21-2023 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trochoidal (Post 11318722)
Ah, I see this isn’t plug and play and needs some hose management. I wish I had a use for this setup because I’d be all over it. Let’s just say i can make parts from metal. :happy0180:

Make the parts already! :) :happy0180:

GTO_Gregory 05-22-2023 05:21 PM

Follow-up.

I'm still waiting on my engine, so I'm no further along. I have the GenV Meziere LT1 full electric water pump in my hands, but it will be many months before I get the Meziere LT1 electric pump on the new engine and in the car.

For what it's worth, I picked up ONLY a Meziere electric motor for an early LT1 (1970-1972), but the bolt pattern of the Meziere electric motor is different from the early LT1 water pump. If you have a lathe and vertical mill you can make an adapter plate. While the early LT1 spins in the opposite direction of the GenV LT1 this issue can be resolved by reversing the DC power wires. I verified this fix with Meziere. This is possible.

Right now there is no direct bolt in electric water pump for a daily driver.

James Montigny 05-04-2024 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO_Gregory (Post 11318988)
Right now there is no direct bolt in electric water pump for a daily driver.

That's too bad, I really liked the one that I had in my 4th gen.
I was considering one for the '18 6.2 Escalade when mine seized up last night.
I guess I'll be installing a mechanical one.

Joshinator99 05-04-2024 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Montigny (Post 11422878)
That's too bad, I really liked the one that I had in my 4th gen.
I was considering one for the '18 6.2 Escalade when mine seized up last night.
I guess I'll be installing a mechanical one.

I wonder if this situation has changed in the two years that have gone by since I originally started this thread. At nearly $900 you’d think they’d have it sorted out… :bonk:

James Montigny 05-04-2024 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshinator99 (Post 11422891)
I wonder if this situation has changed in the two years that have gone by since I originally started this thread. At nearly $900 you’d think they’d have it sorted out… :bonk:

it sounds like GPI has a race setup for preorder, but it has been that way for a year now.
It replaces the entire casting and moves the pump to the center of the engine.
https://gwatneyperformance.com/produ...-kit-preorder/
I assume that you then run your alternator on a short belt.

I also found this custom project that fits in the stock casting, but I don't see that it was ever produced in any significant quantity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kDb7NMzpwI