CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   2024 Ford Camaro err Mustang (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609490)

oldman 09-15-2022 06:01 PM

2024 Ford Camaro err Mustang

I'm not horrified by the 2024 Mustang, I'm sure when I see the Dark Horse MSRP:confused0068: I may. I feel overall this really looks like a feminize Camaro. I was shocked when the lead designer talked about the aggressive rear flank aka looks like a Camaro as his favorite part.

I think Ford did what they could, and I don't think it deserves a new generation. For instance, the 4th gen had the LT1 and LS1 if many ways a more complete change than this.

Not horrified but if I were to buy a new muscle car it probably would be the new Charger. I have not seen a Z in person but do like the overall look and size of the car.

LESS1 09-15-2022 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 11229814)
I'm not horrified by the 2024 Mustang, I'm sure when I see the Dark Horse MSRP:confused0068: I may. I feel overall this really looks like a feminize Camaro. I was shocked when the lead designer talked about the aggressive rear flank aka looks like a Camaro as his favorite part.

Haaaa... I saw that and instantly thought what will all of the ford trolls do now? Poor guys, they've been giving us crap for years about how ugly Gen 6 Camaro is and now they have to swallow hard and drive the next gen mustang that looks like a Gen 6. Karma?

oldman 09-15-2022 07:25 PM

I like both Mustangs and Camaros from the 1st gen. My favorite car is a 1965 Mustang Fastback. This last Mustang, hats off to Ford for at least trying, but it is just too smooth with a Camaro's flanks, but the Mustang does not match that with shoulders on the front wheel arch. It just not that nice, it won't be as collectable as the smooth side Challenger or the 6th gen pre-facelift.

oldman 09-15-2022 07:49 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpyZMyz6qd0

I'll buy the Charger

GTO_Gregory 09-15-2022 08:11 PM

I agree the new Mustang's quarter panels look a lot like the Gen VI Camaro.
The dashboard has a very wide digital screen.

oldman 09-16-2022 02:51 PM

seems to have gained some weight and lost some headroom. 60K+ for the Dark Horse, hmm you are getting into C8 territory.

crysalis_01 09-16-2022 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 11230280)
seems to have gained some weight and lost some headroom. 60K+ for the Dark Horse, hmm you are getting into C8 territory.

You're not wrong. Even if Dark Horse simple hold the MSRP line of Mach1, they start at like $58k and you can option one of those up to, I think, just shy of $70k, not optioning nonsense. Although even fully optioned I don't think that hits 2LT's starting price without options. So the overlap is only on highest content Machs vs lowest content 1LT C8s.

Idaho2018GTPremium 09-16-2022 11:09 PM

Gen 7 Mustang things that copied the Gen 6 Camaro:

Door lines
Rear quarter/fenders
Rear seat windows (slope up now like the Camaro)
Hood scoop (looks like SS scoop)
Horizontal styled front end, somewhat more boxy like a Camaro compared to a S550 Mustang.
Here's one most people probably haven't noticed, but the way the rear scoops inward at the tail light follows the same lines (in a side view) of the 2019 Camaro with the refreshed taillights.
Edited to add:
Side markers

arpad_m 09-16-2022 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium (Post 11230439)
Gen 7 Mustang things that copied the Gen 6 Camaro:

Door lines
Rear quarter/fenders
Rear seat windows (slope up now like the Camaro)
Hood scoop (looks like SS scoop)
Horizontal styled front end, somewhat more boxy like a Camaro compared to a S550 Mustang.
Here's one most people probably haven't noticed, but the way the rear scoops inward at the tail light follows the same lines (in a side view) of the 2019 Camaro with the refreshed taillights.

A pretty small thing, but its side markers look almost exactly like those on the Camaro, too, installed at the same locations.

Idaho2018GTPremium 09-17-2022 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 11230440)
A pretty small thing, but its side markers look almost exactly like those on the Camaro, too, installed at the same locations.

Oh yes, I felt like I was forgetting something. I'll add it to my list - thanks.

armycop71 09-20-2022 11:21 AM

Even though I hate Ford with a passion, I have to give them credit for actually listening to their customers and offering a 7th generation V-8 powered "muscle" or "sports" car depending on how you classify it. The past few years, Ford has been producing a much better lineup than Chevy, and have the sales to back it up. The Bronco Sport is outselling most compact CUVs, the big Bronco is still selling faster than they can make them. Plus the Mavericks are sold out, they aren't able to take new orders. Even the controversial Mach E is still selling well. I don't see a very bright future for Chevy if they insist on just making C8s better and letting the rest of the lineup suffer.

ST1LE 09-20-2022 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armycop71 (Post 11231812)
Even though I hate Ford with a passion, I have to give them credit for actually listening to their customers and offering a 7th generation V-8 powered "muscle" or "sports" car depending on how you classify it. The past few years, Ford has been producing a much better lineup than Chevy, and have the sales to back it up. The Bronco Sport is outselling most compact CUVs, the big Bronco is still selling faster than they can make them. Plus the Mavericks are sold out, they aren't able to take new orders. Even the controversial Mach E is still selling well. I don't see a very bright future for Chevy if they insist on just making C8s better and letting the rest of the lineup suffer.

I have to agree. A company that did so well with the Camaro and Corvette, cant make anything else exciting.

After the Camaro is gone, there isn't a single car Chevy makes that I would be interested in. Not even from an EV perspective, I just think their cars are sort of lame.

willzilla 09-21-2022 09:16 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDkhrcvuEs4

Lol

RCwhat 09-22-2022 01:14 PM

All these people that keep saying the new mustang looks like a Camaro must have never seen a 2015-2023 mustang. I don’t get it, the rear quarter has barely changed at all and the rest of the car looks like a mild refresh.